SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Looks like Tracktion has joined the deeply-discounted FM synth party with F.'em for $30: Tracktion F.'em

3 Likes

BLEASS iOS summer sale is happening now. Just grabbed a bunch of their AUv3 plugins for stupid low prices. Alpha and Omega are US$8 each, and many effects are as little as US$2.

2 Likes

Algonaut Atlas is 40% ($59) off until August 23rd. Probably been discussed elsewhere but any brief thought on this versus Xo versus Waves Cosmos?

Any “must get”s? None of them jumped out at me but it can be hard to say without trying them!

I’ve written a fair bit about Atlas and XO in the past 6 months.

Both are really good ways of organising all of your samples.

If I was looking to build kits to export (to a Digitakt, MPC, Ableton Drum Rack, etc) I would go with Atlas.

If I was looking for a drum sequencer and beat builder I would go with XO.
XO reminds me a lot of the Digitakt/Analog Rytm workflow… but certain areas of it are way beyond Elektron (particularly XO’s quantisation options).

If I had to have one or the other, based on my use over the last 9 months, it’d be XO.
But I do like Atlas a lot too and it’s getting better… a sync’d iOS version of Atlas might swing me to it.

I’ve got no experience of the Waves one.

2 Likes

I’d love an iOS version of atlas but I’d hedge a guess that the iOS file system restrictions would make it very difficult to implement, there’s loads of arbitrary restrictions on what Devs can do regarding file management… I’m still loving atlas on the desktop though…

1 Like

Nice, thanks for the advice! The waves one seems to do a reasonable job categorising samples but doesn’t do anything beyond that, I can imagine having the drum machine integrated is cool. Guess I’ll try them both out!

I had a ton of fun with the algonaut demo last time it went on sale. But didn’t pull the trigger.
I don’t know that anyone “needs” this. But I like it very much.

1 Like

I’ve been playing with the idea of getting an iPad, but I don’t currently own one. I bought Drambo, fiddled with it on my Macbook, and decided I was going to go for it. My “research” (haha) suggests that Omega is one of the better options for FM on iPad right now, and I happened on the sale purely by chance. App prices on iPad are so crazy low compared to a traditional DAW that it’s hard not to just pick stuff up when it’s cheap - I got Alpha, Omega, and 9 effects for $50.

1 Like

Eventide blackhole for $29

edit: i just went to the eventide website and there’s a lot more than just blackhole that’s on sale

7 Likes

nice utility plugin, supports multiple channels, for 19$ is a good deal

For those who missed the last sale of Newfangled Audio Generate, There’s a 50% Plugin Boutique deal right now.

Atlas is 40 % off with this code: COSM

4 Likes

I have the free mono version of Generate (Pendulate) and it’s awesome.

Pendulate is quite a gift for a free plugin, it really is, but knowing the possibilites of Generate, i couldn’t resist. It’s just too good.

1 Like

Yeah and not only is Pendulate a fabulous gift, it whets the appetite for Generate rather nicely!

1 Like

Ableton Live is on sale again, until the 6th of September.

2 Likes

Just saw that Novum is on sale, for anyone who missed the intro price (like me)…

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NovumSynth--tracktion-novum-software-synthesizer

Chomplr for iPad is currently free and looks pretty cool - you can now import your own samples (no idea why you couldn’t do that from the start but hey ho) and overall it looks like a slick package.

Skym on iOS is on sale - down to $1.99 from $3.99. It’s billed as an ‘expressive MIDI controller’ and gets very positive reviews. Looks like it has specific functionality within Ableton Live so bonus points there.

1 Like

D16’s excellent Phoscyon 303 emulator has been upgraded to v2 finally which will work on modern Macs. Intro price is 89€/£75, but if you owned v1 check your email for a code to get it for 29€.

I kind of swore I wouldn’t buy their upgrades as I was annoyed how they approached the whole supporting new MacOS thing, but I guess it’s a fair price if you had v1 and a great plugin so I couldn’t resist.

2 Likes