SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Yep, great retailer. Their support were really good when my M:C was repeatedly faulty over several years and fought my corner. I’ll definitely use them again.

Cheers! Grabbed SpecOps as it’s free and seems intriguing!

2 Likes

how was it free?

SpecOps was $19.99 and the voucher is for $20.

2 Likes

Unfortunately this doesn’t work outside the US - in the EU for instance they add VAT to the price.

0+VAT=0

:nerd_face:

2 Likes

If only it worked like that - if a plugin like Spec Ops is priced at $19.99, PA add $4 as VAT:

So the voucher worth $20 doesn’t = free at this point :frowning:

It works, add the voucher, subtotal becomes 0 and vat of 0 is 0. It worked for me in U.K. outside EU. They have reinstated the voucher today, their latest email also mentions getting some of their plug-ins free.

1 Like

Yep it was 0 in the UK for me!

1 Like

Must have just missed out - my voucher code didn’t work

One more Plugin Alliance code (“the last one” according to the Reddit post, I guess they mean of this event than ever :joy:): MEGA-25-FINALE for $25 off a min spend of $35.

I might pick up Unfiltered Audio Triad for ~£15 with it, I tried it yesterday when looking at what to use the other voucher on and was quite impressed by the presets. Sounded more subtle and interesting than Byome

2 Likes

I was very tempted by Triad, still am!

My Bitwig license :joy:

(. . . all joking aside, this will probably happen, though)

1 Like

It’s worth the sale price for sure, some great presets!

1 Like

It’s almost thanksgiving/ Black Friday / Xmas and New Years sales time.

3 Likes

There’s always an excuse for more plugins :rofl: (and I love it lol).

Really please with SpecOps and Triad actually, already made some cool sounds with them :ok_hand:

1 Like

I may have to go for it. I love those glitchy weird VSTs with bizarre presets and automation potential. :smiley:

Just got an email from Plugin Alliance with a “new kind of voucher” for any plugin (from a range, looks like most of the core stuff) for $29.99. I’ve had an account for ages but for some reason the email marketing was turned off so I hadn’t received any before – worth checking this if you are a member and haven’t been getting vouchers!

PA needs to push out their Lindell M1 updates before they get another dime from me. Native Instruments is getting closer to catching up to them, and that’s a bad look (really, for both companies)

semi-related:

Amazon had a great deal on 2020 M1 MacBook Airs (256gb/8gb) for $799 during their prime preview even thing a couple days ago. $100 off basically - and M1 iPad Pro price territory.
Great machine for Ableton Live 11 Suite if you don’t need a ton of storage (using plugin instruments that aren’t heavy GB library based). Been using my M1 Air for a lot of dub techno lately, and for that 256GB/8GB would be sufficient. Sadly, for those in need, the deal is gone, but I’d expect it to come back for Black Friday, if not at an even lower price of $749-ish. M1 Air is a pretty nifty groove box.

4 Likes

Just to reinforce what @AdamJay is saying here, I bought a base M1 mac mini a little while back and its one of the fastest personal computers I’ve ever used. It’s absolutely brilliant and it runs every kind of plugin synth or effect with no trouble at all. The M1 processor really is amazing.

The MacBook Air at that price is unbelievable, I might get one myself to replace my ancient 2013 MacBook Pro. Unfortunately may not get that sort of deal in the UK but we’ll see!

1 Like