SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Yeah I’m not happy about the Lindell plug-ins not being native. Stopped using PA stuff on my mix downs. I’m using Konsole instead which is free.

1 Like

I use the PA stuff that is native, the Brainworx plugins. But otherwise I switched to (free) Analog Obsession for transformer stuff. Fortunately HG-2 is native, too.

3 Likes

What I don’t understand with PA right now is how Dmitry Sches has had an M1 build of Thorn for like a year now and it’s still not available through the official channel. What’s going on over there?

Can highly recommend this, I bought one during Black Friday last year and expanded the RAM / HD option (somewhat unnecessarily as the cost moved it out of “killer deal range” but I was paranoid about lack of upgradability) and this base version would have probably been sufficient for my Ableton 11 use cases. Honestly if it had more ports I would just replace my PC desktop with this for studio use but it would be dongle hell. This was my first Mac and performance is really something on M1, my next desktop will probably be a m1 Mac mini

Borderlands Granular is $9.99 on the Apple Store. A masterpiece of granular synthesis.

6 Likes

Just a word of warning about buying Apple products from third parties such as Amazon.

I bought an iPad for my son from Amazon in November 2019 for £399. It’s been kept in a rugged case since day one and has been well looked after. A few weeks back it developed a hardware fault (endless boot loop) so I took it to the Apple Store. They confirmed the fault, claimed it can’t be fixed and offered to sell me a like-for-like replacement for £239 subject to availability. They said I might have more luck with Amazon.

So, I contacted Amazon but they passed the buck back to Apple. I wrote a letter of complaint to Amazon, stated my rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (UK) and requested a partial refund to cover the cost of a replacement from Apple. No response (yet).

So I’m stuck with a bricked iPad that is less than 3 years old and a bitter taste in my mouth.

I’ve been buying Apple products for over 20 years so I have fairly realistic expectations about longevity. I can’t say for sure but I suspect I might have received better treatment from Apple, had I bought the iPad direct from them. I definitely won’t be buying Apple stuff from Amazon again.

1 Like

That sucks but isn’t the Apple iPad warranty only a year anyway? You bought this three years ago right?

3 Likes

I just buy AppleCare+. That way if I get it from Apple or AT&T or BestBuy or Amazon, it’s all covered the same.

6 Likes

Apple wasn’t telling you to go F yourself, they were telling you that Amazon has better customer service. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yep. I bought AppleCare+ but it only covers iPads for 2 years. After that, you’re on your own with a device that Apple can’t/won’t fix. My point being that they might have been more inclined to help if I was their customer, not Amazon’s.

I’m sorry for derailing the thread!

2 Likes

This is the thread for complaining about Plugin Alliance, not Apple!

5 Likes

I have an issue with PA plugs on intel mac.

If i have a completely blank project in Ableton and load any PA plug I get random cpu spikes periodically.

Some plugs are worse than others, the worst I found was Lindell 354E, but even bread and butter ones like transient designer do it to some extent.

I reported it to PA and they gave me a refund but I’m hoping it clears up if/when apple ever puts out an M2 mini and i upgrade.

On the bright side its been great for plugin GAS control :wink:

I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but the M1 Max Mac Studio is probably the most monstrously overpowered system I’ve ever used outside of the SGI Challenge that my college used for student email accounts for some reason.

5 Likes

Unfiltered Audio bringing Bass Mint to iOS makes me wish I’d got it on desktop . I thought I had all the Unfiltered stuff already but checking my PA account it would appear not. Has it not been on sale, does anyone know?

There was a $20 discount code floating around which I took advantage of that and got SpecOps. Bass Mint was in the list of available plugins though.

1 Like

Excellent. I’ll keep an eye out for the next PA codes

Nice one, me too! I use UA plugins all the time now, they’re slowly making it into every song.

You liking Bass Mint then? I almost got it when I picked up SoecOps.

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve never found anything as effective as Bass Mint. It adds bottom end to anything lacking in that dept and I’ve been really impressed with it on dusty drum breaks, creating kicks that have punch and life out of previously puny and unimpressive sources

1 Like

Does Unfiltered Audio generally celebrate Black Friday well or is their discount not worth the wait?

Not sure about Black Friday but I don’t think I’ve paid for any of their stuff yet, I keep using discount codes. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes