SW DEALS : Software on Sale

I just saw that coupon only appears to work for me at the airmusic store and not the mpcstore https://www.airmusictech.com/virtual-instruments.html

Thanks. Posted my experience on the MPC thread

1 Like

Aalto is totally amazing, worth it’s weight in……digital gold (?)…it’s good.

What kind of music do you make with it?

Mostly experimental drone / noise but it’s a very capable synth. I use a lot of different VSTs and resample them for days / weeks at time to mix live in improvised ableton sets (or that was my process anyway before I started working more with a Moog guitar and tabletop electronics). Anyway, any time one of the samples really ‘shined’ out I often thought it was from one of my hardware synths and invariable it was Aalto. There’s just something about what Randy the developer managed to get in the code that (to me) just sounds so fantastic.

I’m pretty sure there are some Aalto sounds in this track fwiw:

2 Likes

Awesome yeah thats good to know. I mainly make house music and I have an 0-coast already which I like, but im not sureI’d use a plugin like this as often as you are. Appreciate it!

1 Like

Probably the way VAT is calculated

The 0-coast is great too. It’s nice to have the flexibility of Aalto though but only if it works for you. I think the sound quality is there for sure.

Fwiw - Bob Ostertag did a great album using only he Aalto that I think is free/cheap (I like it anyway):

2 Likes

Ya know what’d be really kewl?
If we started a thread about the plugins that we ALMOST bought during Black Friday, but decided we can wait.

2 Likes

I kind of want to start a NGNY offshoot for plugins and Black Friday.

No Plugins Black Friday? NPBF?

3 Likes

The only plug in I will buy this season is Graindad. If it goes on sale.

1 Like

I honestly support that and its why I ask folks who really like a plugin what kind of music they are into…etc. It helps also to read about what plugins people bought and ended up never using.

It would be cool if there were little tags under our names where we could put what genres of music we are into making too. Would put a lot of posts in a better context.

Anyway, yeah - that is a good idea. I am going through my plugin folder and deleting stuff. I really want a cleaned up DAW that is more like hardware in terms of it’s FX limitations.

1 Like

What’s everyone’s favorite physical modelling synth plugin? Bonus points if it’s on sale so my post is relevant to the topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Probably Reasons Friktion, which is actually on sale for $69.99 at the moment Friktion | Modeled Strings | Shop | Reason Studios

(And if you have any rewards points, the loyalty coupons can be applied to this rack extension too!)

1 Like

strange, I own micro freak, pigments, v-collection-8, all of the FX you’ll use/preamps you’ll use, and some patch packs but Arturia is charging me 168 for V-9 +Fx collection 3

In regards to Arturia’s sale, I went to buy Pigments, and when choosing credit card to pay (I’m in the US) it takes you to Monetico to process payment if using Mastercard … I assume this is legit, but if anyone could confirm I would appreciate it.

Historically at least Monetico doesn’t work for US transactions. But if it fails they’ll send you an email and you can go back and try PayPal or whatever the other choice is and it’ll work.

1 Like

Yes it’s legit. I’ve been using that payment source from US for 5 years now. No issues

1 Like

Wow, weird! I guess they just don’t like my style. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

was part of the later stages of the beta for this and it’s pretty surprising. so fast to use and different ways to change things at input/output. can slam and saturate if you want it to and the blend dot in the viewer thingy is fantastic for finding sounds quickly. make sure to turn on the quick tips which pop up when you hover over something.

3 Likes