SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Did you get/see a discount in Valhalla plugs? If so, please share

I don’t think that they are ever discounted… just $50 a pop always (so technically not a BF “deal”…) Still the best deal in VST fx IMO.

For the Delay they did just announce new features ahead of BF which is why I jumped on it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Oodles of samples and Ableton Live packs from subsocials.com, completely free! Grab 'em while they’re hot!

8 Likes

Wow, there’s some great sounding stuff here. I’m getting a Spitfire Labs vibe from it.

1 Like

This is the first time I have really bought plugins on black friday. Now I see why everyone says to be careful. I spent way more than I wanted :-/. But it would have been a lot more later right?!

By the way, one really nice free plugin I found was lese codec. Sounds really great for digital distortions.

And spiff is BY FAR the best transient shaper I have found. A/Bing it with other ones and it’s sound was light years ahead of the others I have tried (and I’ve tried quite a few recently).

4 Likes

These are good samples. The site is super annoying to download the entire list though.

They sound very similar to some other packs I bought from Mike Schultz, so they got quality, but I’m noticing that this type of sound design is a trend.

Even agree that Spitfire have the same vibe.

They all have a similar vibe.

1 Like

I thought I’d managed to get away without spending too much but I’ve just downloaded the demo of Gullfoss and I can’t not buy it now

Yes, I had to get that one too. This is embarrassing :sweat_smile:

I’m making up for years of pretty much buying zero plugins when I didn’t have any money.

After demoing it a year or two ago, not quite clicking with it, looking at some similar plugins, then just recently watching a video and realizing what I’d missed, I finally picked up Scaler 2.

The free Cherry Audio 2600 that Plugin Boutique bundled in further helped alleviate GAS, but it remains to be seen if this will hold it at bay through Cyber Monday.

Scaler 2 is by far my most invaluable App (iOS).

I was about to pull the trigger on an Oxi One, but decided that Scaler covers almost all of the bases that I would use it for.

The tutorials from the creator are really helpful in getting your head around all that is possible.

1 Like

Couldn’t resist the cherry audio 2600 offer from PB

I bought the Softube modular wavefolder module which was on sale and I have a few pounds in virtual cash from some old purchases. I got the wavefolder and 2600 for £6

So over Black Friday sales I got

14 sugar bytes apps including graindad, nest, drum computer etc
Arturia pigments
Softube model 84 juno
Softube intellijel ufold 2
Cherry audio 2600

All for under £150 plus got some freebies from waves etc

Couldn’t be happier with those deals

That’s a good list! I think you should make a bit of a plan/schedule for learning. I know from experience that loads of new stuff can feel overwhelming once it’s sat there. It’s nice to have a week of ‘I’m going to learn X sugarbytes’ instrument’ along side stuff you know, and then the next week can be ‘build a all modular instrument with the new things and learn the functions’.

I’m jealous of your entire sugarbytes! I had that mad Sweetwater pricing in my cart and for some reason didn’t hit buy, then it had shot up!

1 Like

That’s the plan. Spent a day with the Juno app using it for a track I had to send off. A solid 6-8 hrs using it for bass, pads and chords.

Then 2 full days with pigments doing the same

Sugarbytes stuff probably will take months to get through as a lot of variety in there.

I got infiltrator 2, and just exploring the almost infinite ways you can use that is enough for me at the moment.

1 Like

AudioDeluxe has an even crazier deal on BFD3…$49 for the software + 55GB BFD3 library…given these heavy discounts I have to believe that inMusic is about to drop a new version of this…the value here is INSANE.

2 Likes

Only seeing your msg now.

I use it primarily in sound design to introduce saturation, degredation etc. I think of it as a saturation effect and a tape effect. I made one sound/sample where I stacked a bunch of seventh chord with my Vermona Mono Lancet, then ran that sample through Wires and it ended up gaining so much from it…movement, degradation, subtle levels of saturation…I’m very proud of that sample lol.

As with any Hainbach inspired plugin, the key here is to really explore the effects of small changes in parameters and different combinatorics across what’s available. His plugins tend to be easy to overdo / they invite that sort of exaggeration, but to me the magic here is in subtle movements :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve bought more than I intended to in the sales:
FX3 & V Collection
SoundToys.

I’d really like
Syntorial and Fabfilter L2 but I’m wavering about the amount of cash I’ve dropped so far.

FabFilter L2 is used without fail on everything I produce, worth every penny.

6 Likes

I was thinking of it’s as good as I’d heard it would be used on every project.

It’s one of those annoying things to buy because it’s not cheap and it’s not particularly fun as it’s a utility. But what it does and how it communicates what it does visually is superb.

4 Likes