SW DEALS : Software on Sale

I have free plugins on my Aruturia account going back 3 years but I’ve never used them as I hate to download a company’s software installer to install more software. This is one of the reasons I said fuck you later to Native Instruments and Slate as well. Right now, I"m just tolerating Softube and Plugin Alliance installer software. Too bad, the Arturia plugins seem kewl.

2 Likes

Arturia software central is way better than PA’s, which can’t update properly one by one plugin. Anyway, I don’t see anything wrong with software installers, when it’s well done.

10 Likes

This. I’ve had no luck getting the installer to even run on Ventura. Not a good sign.

I mean, I still signed in to register the plugin to my account in case it starts working later. But I feel like with a lot of these companies with installers, I spend 6 months out of the year unable to use their stuff. Not worth it.

1 Like

Tbh, the Arturia manager has been great compared to how you used to have to download all the individual products & run the installers, it became unmanageable due to the ever growing number of synths in VCollection, but they still have all of the individual installers on the site if you click on the access resources page & downloads. Maybe you need the manager for activation, I’m not sure if the products can activate without it.

As for the Ventura thing that seems to be fixed, I’m on Ventura & installed Pigments just a few days ago. There was a message recently on the site saying to wait to update to Ventura as there was permission problems with installers, but most companies go through having to fix any problems when MacOS versions.

I’ve had plenty of issues with Arturia in the past, but these days they seem to be on top of things from my recent experience.

7 Likes

Agreed

I bought the Fabfilter plugins and had to individually install them and paste keys into them.

With Arturia I install the manager log into my account and all my plugins are downloaded and updated.

12 Likes

Native instruments have a product called “Hypha” for free this year. Don’t know anything about it, but after missing out on Kinetic Treats so many years ago, I always make sure to look out for their free yearly gifts

Lol of course its a Kontakt 7 instrument.

Well played NI, ya jackals :smiley:

Edit: AND a $25 voucher that is like funny money and doesn’t really offer anything for NI’s business model for existing customers.

2 Likes

Just smashed up a beat from Fors Opal with this and it sounds great. I might have a real MS-20 sitting next to me but I’ll still probably use this plugin a lot :+1:

4 Likes

Yes… another ‘installer app’ to deal with, so maybe not for everyone, however, Acustica Audio is giving away another great holiday gift. I haven’t tried this one yet, but it’s getting some solid reviews thus far and looks to be a nice mix bus tool.

Arctic:

Analog sampled plugins for mixing and mastering - Acustica Audio (acustica-audio.com)

1 Like

If users weren’t forced to use an extra installer software I would have no problems with them. The problem arises when you have no choice. I feel the same way about subscriptions.

FYI, Also know that NI Kontakt 7 player doesn’t work on older Mac OS like Mojave. So some Mac users have gone from Mac OS to Mac SOL if they’re thinking of using Hypha. Thanks NI!

1 Like

That’s still there official position near as I can tell: https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/6254040190108-Compatibility-with-macOS-Ventura

Maybe it only works sometimes for some people? Or maybe they fixed it and haven’t updated the support page yet? Either way doesn’t inspire confidence.

On one hand, sure, most (music) companies seem to take forever to support macOS updates. On the other, if any app I was responsible for wasn’t ready to go on day one of an OS release, I’d be fired. So it’s a matter of priorities.

Keep in mind, the process of installing an AU or VST on the mac is: “drop the file into the right folder”. If a company finds that too arduous an experience and wants create an installer to reduce friction for their customers, more power to them! But then the onus is really on them to support it.

Back on topic: Free plugins are free plugins. And this particular deal, you don’t have to install anything to get it registered to your account. So might as well do that even if you’ve had trouble with the installer.

2 Likes

Hey, just got the FX too. You can download the Total installer and uncheck the synths and the two other filters. It was way easy.

Edit: Also, just had to unlock one plug-in and it did the rest.

2 Likes

Not to get off topic, but Apple’s own Xcode software has problems running on Ventura. I don’t fault the 3rd party vendors for advising us to wait when Apple rushes their software out the door. I wish I had waited longer to update to Ventura.

3 Likes

Reminder: I’ve got at least 3 Ableton Live Lite licenses available for anyone who asks. Two of them are in my Ableton account, so you or the intended recipient need an Ableton account.

DM me if interested, I’ll keep the count updated in the link below:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/does-anyone-have-a-spare-ableton-lite-license/184692/6

9 Likes

U-He plugins are top notch, both quality and support.

Started making my tracks with Zebra in the 00’s, got ACE, Diva, Filterscape, MFM, then sold all the licenses when I started to fund the hardware journey. Time to come back.

I’m surprised that they have this sale too, as it is something that didn’t happen in years, probably never as far as I remeber, so I highly recommend to jump in! :+1:

Miss only ACE & Bazille in this deal, two noodling workhorse (although ACE is already a no brain at his standard price).

3 Likes

I think there have been either one or two sales in the past, both in partnership with NI if I remember correctly. One to announce the NKS support in u-he stuff, and I think another Xmas type one? But yeah, very rare to see sales from u-he. I respect that actually, the plugin pricing/sale game is a bit of a joke!

1 Like

Yes, the highlight at the end of the year.

These sales are pretty rare.

Unfortunately, I already have them all. :rofl:

U-he is definitely my favorite in audio biz

actually now is the best time for any newbie or completer to jump in.

2 Likes

Huge drum sample pack £49. I love their samples.

2 Likes

In case anyone missed it last time, all of the Noise Engineering plugin bundles and hardware modules are 15% off again through december 31st.

1 Like

SSL X-Delay is currently $29.99 ($170 off)

2 Likes

SSL Saturator

Greatly reduced. Haven’t tried it out yet. But SSL is always great so seems like a score.