SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Arturia is giving away the MS-20 filter free. Not sure for how long but I didn’t see it mentioned here yet.

Scroll up 10 days:

3 Likes

Ah oops. I follow this thread really closely too. Missed it somehow, thanks.

3 Likes

Pulsar plugins are on sale for a day or two right now. I have been waiting for a sale on pulsar massive and pulsar mu, so in case anyone else has the time has come.

Eventide’s big holiday sale is coming to an end in a few days, so this is just a reminder.

I did give in an upgraded my Blackhole+MangledVerb licenses to the full H9 bundle for $139 upgrade price.

3 Likes

Just as an FYI, if you are a bit of a numpty like me… after logging in, you need to click Upgrade to see your discounted price.

$149.25 for me. ( Blackhole | Quadravox | UltraChannel )

1 Like

Blackhole sound pretty sweet. Love me some lush digital ambient tails. I guess it stacks up pretty well against Strymon BigSky and other premium reverbs? (*or even just the stock Ableton reverb if you have any experience with that?)

It’s its own thing but yea, top notch.
There’s a 30 day trial on the bundle that you could start now and test before the sale is over. That’s what I did at the start of December.

3 Likes

FYI I tried this one out and it’s actually a super cool plug-in. Not the free type of plug-in that has one knob or switch, it’s really powerfull with its combination of features, sounds really good, and has great layout. I just used it to post process some Eventide Mangled Verb, to clean up the low end and crunch some of the rest, and it works great. Highly recommended - still one or two days to get it free.

3 Likes

Got it. Oh I missed that there was a trial, will take it for a spin. Thanks!:pray:

1 Like

Slightly OT but if anyone’s interested, here is a 100% unscientific reverb comparison :slight_smile:
1: Dry
2: Ableton – Reverb
3: Eventide – Blackhole
4: Baby Audio – Crystalline

*Forgot one… here is a separate test with just Dry vs the free Valhalla – Supermassive

5 Likes

I picked up IK Multimedia MODO Bass 2 and MODO Drum 1.5 for 99USD Crossgrade from Audiodeluxe.com – I really like MODO Drum, I’m surprised by how crisp and good it sounds, only issue is IK Multimedia’s business practice, where it gives customers only 180 days access to sound content one has purchased. So I can’t recommend it for that reason, but I’m glad to use it as a BFD3 alternative, until inMusic sorts out M1 support for BFD3.

Was also tempted to pick up Amplitube 5 MAX for 99€, but I have so many amp sims, I doubt it’ll add much after all.

I think IK Multimedia still has that sale on if anyone cares.

Modo Drums is killer, even in the free version. I was less impressed by Modo Bass.

1 Like

Plugin Alliance have a sale (lol I know, this is a slightly different one!) - any 4 BX plugins for $49.99. Any recommendations of ones that should not be missed? https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html - code is 4BX-4999

Arturia are doing some sort of sale/intro discount for the Minifreak plugin. Upgrade prices are often different depending on what you have already, but worth a look.
(I have V Collection 8 and some hardware as a guide).

8 Likes

Has anyone got it, is it worth having?

I need more plugins like I need a hole in the head but this was a quick buy for me, thanks for posting.

Edit: wow, this thing can get pretty nasty. Love that the parameters are mapped to push 2 in Ableton and I can send the arps to a different midi channel.

1 Like

Is there much crossover with pigments?

I’m actually wondering about this. I only recently picked up Pigments on the cheap and although I think it has a very interesting and wide variety of sounds, I don’t seem to enjoy programming my own. I’m downloading the demo of MiniFreak V now to have a spin, it may be good alternative with a different interface/vibe/workflow.

EDIT - It’s got pretty strong Syntakt vibes with the macro-style oscillators that have very few controls but a wide range. Seems like it would be very easy to quickly dial in sounds.

EDIT (again) - Highly recommend going through the in-built tutorial which I’m doing now. It gives a good impression of the range of sounds and what’s on offer. Seems pretty decent especially if you have a special offer price. They really know how to hook you in with these deals!

3 Likes

IK’s Total Max bundle is tempting.

2 Likes