SYNTRX II from Erica Synths

I looked quickly at the price history at reverb, and it was dropping before this announcement. There is still a lot of new for sale too.

( I am somewhat skeptical of reverb history as being a real measure of price trends though. )

I notice sweetwater raising the price already. After owning a voyager when I bought it at its low I can imagine this going up even higher. So if you want the spring reverb and the two speaker setup now is the time to use the coupon and get it.

Detroit has Mk1s in stock for $2789. I bought my Lyra and Syntrx from them and would buy more gear from them again.

Iā€™ve seen Syntrxes change hands at well under the new price. I doubt prices will go up until some time after all of the Mk1 units sell out.

Dieter says delete.

3 Likes

Do you sequence the syntryx and conmmand or use a keyboard?

I can spend hours on the Syntrx without a keyboard, making drones and textures. All sorts of parameters work well as ā€œmanual controlā€ when applied to the stick. I feel this approach gets more of the sounds the Synthi/VCS is famous for.

Iā€™ve done much less with keyboard or arp input. Iā€™m sure itā€™s good too.

2 Likes

You can even shake, knock and stroke it to get sounds out. The feedback pickups in the speakers are pretty sensitive.

(Syntrx 1 only)

(When I say stroke, I mean the grills on the speakersā€¦ and itā€™s better with your nails)

3 Likes

Could someone explain what differences in the matrix and modulation possibilities there are, please? What can #2 do that #1 canā€˜t?

Dieter says delete.

2 Likes

too much? I think itā€™s a great price. I thought $3k for the mk1 was as well, if you compare it with something like the Korg 2600 FS (originally $4k, but now closer to $10k). although now the $2179 makes the mk1 seem like it was overpriced, just comparing feature for feature.

please do! canā€™t wait to hear it.

1 Like

on the contrary, cheap enough for temptation

2 Likes

Alessandro Cortini Echus and other pieces on just the Synthi. SublimešŸ„¹

I agree. 2200 for a doodle box is a good distracting price

1 Like

especially with inflation right now. I canā€™t even get 5lbs of rice for under $2200.

Gotta get me one. I mean, I donā€™t want to lose money on the deal.

5 Likes

Is there a sound demo available already?

1 Like

Yeah I also want to hear one!

Not yet. Im waiting for this and Buchla announcement

Here we go

9 Likes

I might get myself a present :smiley:

1 Like

Girts: ā€œā€¦ this one is a completely different instrument.ā€