Techniques that everyone loves but meh you out?

Here to challenge the 303 hatred. Ever heard it used like this (comes in at 1:06)?

8 Likes

You started it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some things are just off limits bro :rofl:

1 Like

It was listenable till 1:06…

EDIT: lovely track otherwise.

5 Likes

:laughing:

No accounting for taste :diddly:

2 Likes
13 Likes

The squelch gets refracted through the beard on its way to the ears, and by the time it arrives at the ear’s cochlea, it just sounds like Kenny G’s soprano sax.

Can’t blame the guy, really.

6 Likes

You have no soul if you cant appreciate this tb303 sequence here:

3 Likes

wow.
can’t wait my two MB-33 Retros.

1 Like

Haha! Makes sense now :laughing:

Might be my issue as well…

2 Likes

It’s already had 3 plays so I’ve missed out on that other classic ‘ be the first to hear/see the exclusive new…’

Sounded better than you think it might sound like.

I like this thread. It’s lasted longer than I thought.

exactly.
that’s why we who were kids in 80s love 303.
hair metal rocks! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i would say this about the whole 909.
sure, it was cool in its time. but hey, 40 years passed.

3 Likes

I see your criticism and I raise you Mark Archer.

But how much better would that have been if the hats had been done with a 606 or DR-110?

In the interests of balance, I love the 303 and its variants, but there is plenty of music that I don’t like which uses it, I’m not really a fan of 8 step monotonous usage generally and I often don’t like the over driven stuff unless it is done very well, which it often isn’t. It can sound truly dreadful and annoying to me sometimes.

But there is a whole world of 303 stuff that I do like, especially the more subtle or creative uses, but then I also like a lot of old school simplistic acid house too, but that is probably more down to nostalgia for the times than musical content, although not in all cases.

4 Likes

Lies

1 Like

I was expecting controversy :slight_smile:

nooooooooo it was for u man … sucks you had to get sloppy seconds
cheers

1 Like