Techniques that everyone loves but meh you out?

Oh I forgot maybe my biggest one at the moment-

• 55%+ swing: I can’t even listen to most House anymore. Let machines sound like machines already.
2 Likes

My 303 holy trinity: Hardfloor, Emmanuel Top, and classic goa trance of 1994–1996 (the latter has many of super nice overdriven parts).

2 Likes

Ya’ll some cranky geese

7 Likes

This thread has been enjoyable. I’m surprised there isn’t more contempt for autotune.

Also, it would appear that by our own estimations as a community, we all write absolute shit tunes. :rofl:

Oh, and I cannot stand footwork. It sounds like a solution looking for a problem.

7 Likes

This is a strange circle jerk.

6 Likes

those berlin dub techno chord stabs can get in the fkn sea too

Ahahah I started to do it but something held me. I never had a machine before and i’ll stick with this upper right corner lift up i guess :wink:

Ah yes I forgot…

DEATH TO AUTO TUNE.

1 Like

Boatloads of pentatonic Blue Minor - out in the real world :wink:

See what I did there?

Excellent Berlin dub techno E.P. title

4 Likes

crash cymbals

“ooh - look something exciting has happened. And again. And again.”

stop. just stop.

13 Likes

I’ll go one further than just 303. ANY stupidly high resonance filter sweep sounds like garbage to me. The ones you hear in every single synth demo ever :joy:

8 Likes

Ain’t that the way it should be? You know, constructive criticism. To paraphrase George Carlin, ”My shit is stuff and their stuff is shit.” :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

The “drop”. Especially after high-pass filtering everything in a “build up”.

4 Likes

Kettel is great!

3 Likes

ah come on, this song uses a 303 and its a banger

5 Likes

Would be better without that resonant squelch!

2 Likes

Brilliant. The song title, the subject of this thread. It’s all too perfect.

1 Like

Just wondering if the mods can lock @craig’s account, since he’s clearly not of sound mind or reasoning. If someone can do a wellness check on him that’d be great too. I hear Malta’s nice this time of year.

5 Likes

If 2020 had some sparkle left this ruined the last bit imo:

Sorry for sharing btw, tissues are send to all y’all

:joy: CENSORSHIP! I could add it to my CV tho. Banned from Elektronauts since 2020. Reason: insanity.

2 Likes