Techniques that everyone loves but meh you out?

Omg this thread is too much, I’m crying :joy:

1 Like

Do it too close to a microphone, you’ll be rich.

1 Like

:joy: that honestly sounds like hell!

1 Like

Can we put together a challenge for most crazy, terrible track, that literally utilizes many of these “meh” techniques? Could be fun to try and make as bad of a track as possible. Break all our self imposed rules. Its been awhile since we’ve done a challenge.

6 Likes

Totally. Someone will accidentally produce the next underground movement for sure. Pioneers, they’ll be.

2 Likes

Winner will be anounced 1–1-2021 at 3:03

4 Likes

Make it the end of 2020 to really put a lid on this shite year!

1 Like

Yoda style.

1 Like

All right, a Yoda sample must appear. Baby yoda is acceptable too. Which reminds me. BRB

I’m glad I’m not the only one with this thought. I’m down for it.

I can’t wait to sidechain my autotuned shimmer arpeggios.

2 Likes

What is BRB?

1 Like

I’ll take your gated reverb thanks ;))

Be Right Back. But as it happens, I’m still here. But I will be watching the latest Mandalorian soon. Sorry for massive off-topic posts. How to bring it back around again, like @AdamJay suggested? Oh yes, absolutely fuck cavernous reverb on snares. That’ll do. Dubstep is well and truly over, everyone.

2 Likes

Morse Code for 303.

1 Like

No snares, noise for accent might be an idea

2 Likes

I’ve been doing this recently on Analog Rytm. Kick or Bass/Kick underneath, but at least three machines set to the noise generator to replace the traditional snare, closed hat and open hat. It really works well for chill beats. Recommended!

2 Likes

“authentically” underproducing music

:wink:

1 Like

This thread is quite clearly leading up to the fabled Nauts collabo that will take the world by storm. I would not be surprised if we all become rich beyond measure, a rising tide, boats, etc.

6 Likes

I just offloaded 300 bitcoin so I can start printing the world tour tshirts.

BRB = bass reverb bass. Notice there is no room for snare.

4 Likes