Techniques that everyone loves but meh you out?

yes dangnammit haha

:rofl:

11 Likes

binki & dosh are definitely the exceptions in my book

Thatā€™s plain blasphemy on this forum. I canā€™t believe you didnā€™t get warning for that. Moderators?

8 Likes

Haha, half of Elektronā€™s products suck! (You might say :joy:)

1 Like

My finger was hovering over the flag button. I have amazing constraint :laughing:

2 Likes

I guess you missed the earlier post about not liking sequenced stuff :joy:

3 Likes

any music made with collectors items is unacceptable in my book, unless itā€™s a throw away Depeche Mode vs lil yachty type beat

1 Like

back when I was in college I wrote my dissertation on how to make it in the music business by getting the wu tang clan to be back up dancers for your Al B. Sure R&B cover projectā€¦ my final grade is still pendingā€¦

1 Like

4 bar ā€œsongsā€
Massive modular racks that basically play random notes and donā€™t do anything sonically interesting.
100% wet mix on reverb is all of a sudden ā€œAmbient musicā€
Videoā€™s of people moving knobs all over the place and nothing is happening.
Drums, drums, drums. Everything has to have drums.
Filter resonance

3 Likes

I can endorse this. Agree completely.
Without drums thereā€™s no point even pretending itā€™s music

Yeah, man!
4 fucking bars, prog wankers showing off mate.
2 bars is plenty.

9 Likes

Listening to ā€œmusicā€ through speakers or headphones, bone conductance is the only way to go or GTFO and come back only when youā€™re serious.

11 Likes

my whole Tool Tribute band refuses to use amps, we use folded pillows instead and scream softly

7 Likes

Mixing trash tracks with the same wavefile phase inverted so you end up with silence as a start for a new track to save space on your harddrive. :thinking:

Well, the Rytm has a sample-layer which makes a huge difference
then there is the Model:Cycles where I am not sure if I could gel with the hihat or snare machine. Not pleasing to my ears from the demos I heard.

I wouldnt count the MD in because itā€™s a legacy productā€¦

The earlier comments about drums reminded me of when I used to go to American Composers Forum shows when I lived in Tampa. Because Iā€™d be one of a 3-5 person audience (ok, sometimes there were 10), I started getting invited to hang with the organizer and touring composers after shows.

At one of these post-show hangs at a restaurant, one of the composers went on a rant about rhythm in music. ā€œWhy must everyone userepeating drum patterns?ā€ His/her (I forgot) music had a floating quality to it, because, well, no drums, no rhythm! Lol! I donā€™t recall it being ambient in todayā€™s sense.

I think it was the same hang at which I tried ice cream with something alcoholic poured on top - vodka or rumā€¦forgot. Maybe the rant started after we started taking alcohol

2 Likes

:rofl:

I think the Volca Drum might be my favourite bit of kit atm. :smile: Sample fodder for days, especially through a mixer with some fx on the send, oh well :man_shrugging:

2 Likes