Techniques that everyone loves but meh you out?

Yeah I know Scot and Scooby, they used to put on Shindig years back, might still be on…

1 Like

The other technique I hate is hitting the record button. I never get anything done.

6 Likes

In my own practice genuinely hate the “technical” process of finishing a song, even though it’s kinda the most important part…always find it a chore from recording to mixing…it feels really dull sometimes, compared to just riffing with an instrument.

(I get that you where being facetious)

8 Likes

I agree with this. There is an energy that is prevalent when you are creating, and then land on a great idea/melody/composition. Then going through all of the processes to get to a completed track loses all of that steam for me.

3 Likes

Yea nailed it, I tend to have everything recording even if Im just messing around incase I play something I like, so I can do as little post production as poss, just arranging something is a pain haha, but I suppose that’s all that really separates us from greatness too.

1 Like

Absolutely, I work in a similar way.

Mac user?

1 Like

Working on the arrangement and mixing kinda feels like office work. Put on your glasses, sit down on the desk, 9 a.m., get on mixing. Smell of coffee from the kitchen.

This attitude is probaply needed, tho.

5 Likes

I agree, it would be beneficial to almost get into two states of mind. The mixing really is the worst for me. I have thought about splitting into different sessions. Keeping the fun, energetic, creative aspect of it going for multiple sessions. Then sitting down at the desk, and without any joy to be had in the world, mixing.

4 Likes

And so, to try and keep it on topic. The technique that other people might love, but meh’s me out the most, is…mixing. I don’t know why they are trying to make all those sounds, sound so good together.

6 Likes

yep, but I used iTunes on windows too, I’ve only been straight Mac for 2 years now

I wonder if I just sampled a water sprinkler to make trap hi-hats if anyone would even notice … I’m going to make a track with water sprinkler hats and rez’d out 303 lines and pitched up anime vocals and 808 subs so deep they make you crap your pants

Pardon me that’s the margarita talking

Why is it so fun and easy to make horrible music?

5 Likes

the funniest thing about trap to me is that people think real gangsters actually listen to that kind of music in the trap

This is an excellent reference, and I love you for making it!

1 Like

terp-hop is all I listen to from now on

2 Likes

who’s tired of that oh so passé Piano sound, as if I had never heard that patch before sheeesh

As if nothing is as cool and new as smoking cocaine…

1 Like

I think it is fun because there is something about the music that is fun. We get oversaturated with these techniques and start getting cynical. If we can drop the pretense and just have fun who cares if it is easy?

Also speaking of trap, I lived in Atlanta for quite a while and that it really is what you hear out of every car. It is crazy just how ubiquitous it is there. You never stop hearing triplets.

3 Likes

“Dub techno” :man_facepalming:t2:

Amen break with zero unique processing

1 bar loops foreverrrr

One million year ‘intros’

Slapping ferocious distortion on the master bus

Thinking Noise Engineering is the shit. It sounds pants mate

Using literally annoying sounds in music, like a dripping tap, keys jingling, crackling, it sounds crap.

1 Like

Skip hop…(aussie hip hop)…thick aussie accents and rhyming don’t mix…

1 Like