Techniques that everyone loves but meh you out?

Sound mangling :grimacing:

1 Like

lol. You’ll hurt Hainbachs feelings

4 Likes

things are getting out of control, people are already starting to edit the original edits of their edited remixed edits before bringing in another team of producers to reverse edit the edited remixed edit
wtf is up with all of these edits man nobody even knows what the original song was anymore?

1 Like

I use compression on the master, better to let a compressor do the hard work before, let’s say, a limiter like L2 by waves. like the old Owinski says here Mixing Trick #14 - The Hot And Loud Mix Trick - YouTube

i must confess.
i used the most ridiculous of them — sex screams :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
when pitched down and processed a bit, they can sound scary.

i must confess. i have my right speaker in the corner. (not on the desk though)
because it’s the only place where my desk can be without wasting too much space.
on the other hand, i only do draft mixing at home.

because originals sound way better than modern remixes overpolished & overproduced by all modern standards would?
for instance, let’s imagine someone remixing something from Sisters Of Mercy’s Floodland. the result is predictable — why improve what’s already perfect?

2 Likes

Chords are something everyone loves but they totally meh me out… :yum:

2 Likes

what the world needs is more pop folk groups covering 80s gansgta rap records, because street cred is still the number one currency in folk pop music.

3 Likes

I hate that too, also in Germany there is now a female pop voice, totally undistigusihable from the other female vocalists. Everything sounds the same in pop. Autotune at its best.

1 Like

Yep. Seems like every few years some ridiculous thing becomes popular and then every single popular artists just grinds it into the ground until nobody can stand it anymore. Lol.

I think the whole “indie girl voice” thing is so played out I don’t ever wanna hear it again.

Also, I think it’s super easy to do which is why basically every human female on Instagram or wherever is emulating it.

It’s basically just whispering and pronouncing things weird. Lol.

3 Likes

Random patches
Random pitches
Random patterns

3 Likes

My bread and butter right there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I need to break up with patches and samples I haven’t created myself.

3 Likes

No Lyra8 on your wishlist :grin:

1 Like

my main takeaway from this thread is that we all should just do what we do because no matter what, someone will love it and someone will hate it. also, F perfectionism

12 Likes

So, collectively, we all HATE electronic music. Got it.

:stuck_out_tongue:

As with everything in life, balance is the key. Even tipping that balance on occasion, as long as it swings back eventually.

The premise of this thread kinda reminds me of the Bobs from Office Space.

“What would you say… …you do here?” :smiley:

7 Likes

I think if everyone just stops displacing air, everything will be better.

4 Likes

“MIDI chord pack”. Not themselves, but the infernal YouTube ads for them.

19 Likes

but it‘s super super useful.

1 Like

“Oh that’s dope…”

2 Likes

There funny…