Techniques that everyone loves but meh you out?

Hah, really?

ā€œUnder 30 peopleā€ know nothing about the good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEHu6bAT3Qk

2 Likes

Music made by a person in a ā€œcerebralā€ fashion sticks out like a red flag to me. Itā€™s like ads by big corporations where they try to relate to their customer baseā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

If you donā€™t dance then your music is just theoretical, like maybe people will dance to this or it has a beat, it has drums, therefore good dance music. Sorry but nah. I mean I consider grooving and swaying to be qualified as dancing so. Just that I knew a guy who was stiff as a board, very much in his own head, and his music reflected itā€¦

1 Like

putting out DJ sets as original music, what does that even mean?

Options
write a song
cover a song
remix a song
edit a song
donā€™t play a song

you cannot remix a previously edited unedited remix of an edited cover and put it out as an original song on your strictly DJ sets only record label

1 Like

dont be so hard on them lol

we were lucky enough to be around when ā€œfameā€ meant different and originality was goldenā€¦I didnt even know about branding till 10 years ago ( in association to musicā€¦albeit I was in what was considered alternative sceneā€¦ska, dub, house, techno, electronic music, dnbā€¦etc.)

nowadays I dont even listen to music of the current times.

2 Likes

ā€œSpare the rod and spoil the childā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh yes. Since literally every ambient piece contained Strymon shimmer, I really dislike this effect now and I try to avoid it.

I guess to me it is sort of the opposite, if someone is dancing too hard to their own music it starts to feel like a bit of a sales tactic, with a slight side of desperation. I mean it can be a fine line in either direction I suppose but it is mostly about if it feels genuine or not. Very rarely do you come across someone who isnā€™t grooving a bit while playing, in that sort of in the zone type way, especially in a dance genre. Honestly unsure if I have ever seen anyone not be bobbing a bit.

7 Likes

Lol

When playing a live set I canā€™t even dance because i have to concentrate so much on different things. Even when i was DJing i had no time for those poses people strike. Manual beatmatching and looking for the next tracks draws all of your attention. Everytime I der people striking poses I assume that they are fake

6 Likes

What about 808 slides? I presume by their absence from this fairly exhaustive thread you all consider that they are not particularly meh?

we can make new one, so everyone will know!

Using the term ā€œLive Setā€ when referring to a DJ set. That s#it has got to stop :laughing:

7 Likes

LOL, I once had a live gig, and there was a noise artist in front of the line before usā€¦ Boy, he was nodding his head so strong in front of his laptopā€¦but all I was able to hear was shhhhhhhhkrzrrrtrttzuuuzzzzzzzz, like an old 14.4 modemā€¦lol

4 Likes

Kraftwerk doesnā€™t dance tho?

2 Likes

I assume that people who call a DJ set live set are not doing all their mixes live :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Was in a similar situation . Live Act with In-Ear monitoring vibing hard :joy: but no sound on the main PA :joy::joy::joy: he had his singnal PFL.

1 Like

Totally agree, vomit inducing. Likewise, female singers doing the ā€œIā€™m so cute and edgyā€ affected guttural stopā€¦ cringe.

1 Like

Are you sure about that.

1 Like

Which one of the dancers is in Kraftwerk?

3 Likes