Techniques that everyone loves but meh you out?

The initial rhythm backing track @ 1:40 in the Jerry Paper video would slot straight into Orbital’s green album.

1 Like

It baffles me that as a french man and in spite of his heavy accent I can still understand him better than 95% of the shit french rap songs on the radio.

I like this though:

3 Likes

i have zero interest in releasing that stuff, but another guy from the project did exactly this.

PS. however, recording was fun. but listening certainly isn’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I chill to merzbow.

7 Likes

anyway, when i manage to master some tracks for BC, it’s going to be something more danceable

That should be a bumper sticker

8 Likes

You can only place it on the Merzbow car

“A while ago I had a Mercedes 230 that I didn’t drive much. The police told me that I had to move it or they’d tow it away. Well, I didn’t want to keep it and I didn’t have anywahere to store it so I decided to use it for something else. I rigged the car’s CD player with our latest release of Merzbow’s “Noise Embryo” CD so that the music started when the car was turned on and it was impossible to turn it off. I put it up for sale as an extremely limited edition of the “Noise Embryo” CD but no one ever bought it, and in the end the car broke down. So we took out the CD and got rid of the car. Now I’m thinking about if it’s possible to release a record in a Boeing 747…”

8 Likes

I love a 4/4 that feels like non-4/4. :smiley:

Meshuggah for example.

3 Likes
  1. “808s” for many it means long, distorted 808 kicks…
  2. 808 and 909 drum machines. I like sound but I think we need to move forward. (I found drums from fm and field recordings more interesting) or just acoustic drums. Yesss… It’s electroooniiicc musicccc but man, 909 hats is just samples of acoustic hats, so why not to sample different acoustic hats??
  3. Genres(sub genres) what sounds like track from one lazy producer or remixes (Based on one sound), (yea, that’s why I love and hate Dub Techno…)
4 Likes

It does crack me up when people who have never been out dancing at all, especially out to a party/rave/club whatever and/or who have not played/DJd that kind of electronic dance music for a crowd want to make house, techno etc. And that’s not something you can get from YouTube tutorial.

3 Likes

Breaking news: 99% of the djs out of the business

No, seriously… why do you think we started djing in the first place while all the chicks were on the floor, not in the booth ? (may be reversed these days, I don’t know anymore).

1 Like

So, essentially what I’ve learned from this thread, is that absolutely no technique is universally acceptable. :frowning:

2 Likes

Or, everyone likes what they like, and if you don’t like it, move on to something you do like. There will still be plenty of people who like whatever it was you didn’t.

That said, it’s still at least a little fun to poke fun at something. :smiley:

I even agree with several things in this thread. I just don’t take it very seriously. I make the music I want to make. I don’t expect everyone to like it, my techniques, etc.

As to the 808/909 thing above, you can try to pull those sounds out of my ears over my cold, dead corpse. :imp:

5 Likes

All the better! Why like everything? :smiley:

2 Likes

Drummers?

Related:

Ping pong delay.

My response wasn’t entirely serious! :laughing:

2 Likes

I was more jumping off from your post, and responding to the thread more than directing anything toward you. Was mainly agreeing however serious or not :wink:

1 Like

909 is like a Steinway it’s timeless and nothing can beat a raw 909 kick in the Club so it just works . But you are right we need to move forward and I think the new Erica Synths HD 01 is a step in the right direction

2 Likes

hilarious

2 Likes