Techno masters using Elektron Boxes

Hello !

I know there was a (quite old) thread about this already but I was wondering if there was any new informations about known techno producers using Elektron stuff ?

I am more of an “oldschool” techno addict and I am not really interested by the new “techno” trends such as the curent Melodic Techno trends (don’t get me wrong, I love melodic techno from people like Vince Watson, Henrik Schwarz, …) or the current trancy/ravey/gabber revival trends.

(No hate at all, just not my kind of techno)

To illustrate that, I love to know that Luke Slater (as Planetary Assault Systems) use an Analog Four MK2 in his live sets :slight_smile: as I am a die hard fan !

I would like to know if any of you guys if there Detroit Techno producers (such as Robert Hood or Jeff Mills) or old school producers (Dave Clarke, Surgeon, Ben Sims, Laurent Garnier, Vince Watson, James Ruskin, … to name a few) using the Elektron stuff.

From what I know, Luke Slater and Surgeon both use them. I also know Mark Broom is a beast with an Octatrack but that’s almost all I could find.

Cheers !

5 Likes
12 Likes

Karen Gwyer. (Octatrack, Analog Rytm plus synths)

2 Likes

There’s definitely a topic like this already, maybe you search for it and someone combines them?

1 Like
6 Likes

that’s what I wrote in my introduction :slight_smile:

1 Like

this one is really nice !

Forgot to mention Karenn and Lady Starlight (Saw her with Surgeon but it was a DJ Set though) ! Didn’t know about Tolkachev !

1 Like

Stef mendesidis has a wild silver octatrack, that looks amazing.

1 Like

looks like most of these who play live with Elektron boxes have an OT in their setup. I don’t :smiley: gotta try to figure out how to handle this :smiley:

Anyway i’ve seen Mutlu Karaköse doing some real magic with only a DT and ST so that may be possible !

1 Like

Mark Broom using Octatrack heavily.

5 Likes

Saw surgeon and speedy j using elektron stuff.

3 Likes

didn’t know about Speedy J :slight_smile: cool

1 Like

Some industrial techno artists are using Elektron, including Maedon:

…and Headless Horseman:

3 Likes

Robin Kampschoer rytm user, he combines it with the faderfox MX12

also Magna Pia

3 Likes

Neil Landstrumm has used Octatrack and other Elektron gear in his live sets for a long time

5 Likes

Big fan of Landstrumm since his early Peacefrog days so thats a nice surprise !

1 Like
2 Likes

A bit old now but this Xosar set is pretty great (using an OT)…

7 Likes

hard to classify her but she’s amazing (and that Weather live sounds pretty techno !).