Techno masters using Elektron Boxes

Amazing ! I guess there are plenty of electro artists using Elektron gear. (Wouldn’t be much surprised if Legowelt does)

1 Like

Newer tracks propably fall in the field of “melodic” and fast techno, but the first releases were amazing: Fjaak are using an OT (and sometimes DN). J.Manuel and Anna Z are using DN heavily, afaik also the OT.

1 Like

it could well be out of date given that he’s a certified gear hound… but according to his website, he only has the Analog Keys. I don’t think he’s much of a “groovebox” or self-contained-instrument style user.

2 Likes

…pretty much everybody who makes some money with electronic music of any kind and runs a proper studio with at least some serious hardware instruments, got also at least one elektron device on display, even if it might not gets used too much or is only there for special sonic treats…
and if u use more than three at once, ur a swedish fanboy by definition… :wink:

4 Likes

Seems to use Octatrack to layer on top of his traktor sets quite often.

Usually notice him putting hihats/rides etc on top, playing with ADSR on them.

2 Likes

BY FAR the best for my taste <3
Edit: Note that he is not even syncing via Midi :smiley:

4 Likes

he is using the octatrack as a drummachine + fx box via thru tracks and the fx send&return of the xone mixer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wonder if Maedon and Madeon have met

2 Likes

Yeh defo opens and closes hi hats etc to add to the builds

1 Like

Thats cool considering the most common use for Octatrack I see in a live context is usually a multitrack looper for modular systems.

I still don’t know how it would fit into my setup but the prominence of Octatrack has me curious…

1 Like

AFAIK Legowelt also has AR
John Tejada uses at least OT

3 Likes

Check out STORR on YouTube, loads of live techno. Speedy J is always a part of it and loads of other top techno guys. They use Electron stuff on that, generally OT as well as(almost literally) tons of other gear old and new.

3 Likes

the STOOR sessions are an absurdly cool long-format jam collection, I’m so glad I found it. Hours and hours of great tunes, and so interesting to watch (as a hardware nerd)

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sure Tejada is into Elektron. Probably a bunch of them. Here’s a picture of him with a Monomachine:

I’ve heard he’s also into trackers, which makes sense.

2 Likes

Yeh the stoor stuff was good during the CV days. Not saw any for a while.

1 Like

Headless horseman already mentioned is terrific.
There is also 99999999
https://www.youtube.com/live/a5Lb5vBIa9Y?feature=share

4 Likes

Vril and Rødhåd both use the Rytm.

This should be right up your street I think, double octatrack :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I heard Autechre used to use Elektron boxes live

3 Likes