Techno masters using Elektron Boxes

2 Likes

Xosar <3 just amazing!

Here is another set from Xosar at Dekmantel:

3 Likes

Magna Pia is a real master. He was my teacher some time ago. I’ve learned a lot from him about music theory and history. Unfortunately I had to stop the lessons, as I had other things to solve during the pandemic peak.

This might be interesting for some people in here. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes thanksss !

1 Like

Posted multiple times, but it’s probably my favorite elektron related set.

Here is a full album only featuring the Rytm mk2

I think he got most of them, he was praising machinedrum a lot in an interview as well

1 Like

I have a few kick drums designed by John Tejada that I use all the time. This is barely related to the topic… I don’t know if he made them on Elektron boxes, but they’re great.

1 Like

fjaak also use elektron boxes : OT and Rytm

Many of them use an Elektron somewhere in some capacity. Unsurprisingly in the Swedish scene they pop up a lot. Anthony Linell, Acronym, Isorinne, Toffes Värld/Kris Dubinsky, Varg etc.

But as far as Detroit guys, I haven’t seen any Elektron boxes. Obviously Terrence Dixon uses the MC-303 in ways the guys at Roland could never have anticipated.

2 Likes

Mutlu and Another Machines are the ones who made me buy my Syntakt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Frank Bretchsneider uses an octatrack
John Tejada uses an a4 and rytm.
Dntel uses Monomachine and machinedrum.

An On Bast uses an OT and a bunch of other interesting boxes in her live setup.

Jamming with a friend and seeing this masterful set from Aurora Halal reminded me of the joy of having a simple and immediate setup. OT and a few synths is really all you need to build wonderful soundscapes and driving drum grooves.

Alternative recording with better view but also a crazy editor:

2 Likes

Any Digitone seen in the wild?

wow! shame on me but I didn’t know her yet.

cool !

There seems to be an overrepresentation of dancefloor oriented music in this thread. It makes me wonder what other kinds of artists uses this gear.

That’s a “techno” thread man, so yeah it’s mostly…techno :smiley:

There are other threads on Elektronauts covering other styles (or even without any specific style)…

3 Likes

Fair point. I must have missed the other threads!

1 Like

Very recently discovered but I am on loop, super inspiring too, I’ve replugged my machines since I saw these videos!

I seem to recall seeing a DN on Kenny Larkin’s IG.

EDIT: found it. It was on Twitter, actually:

3 Likes

really ? that’s interesting ! didn’t know about Kenny Larkin ! he’s one of my favourite producers from Detroit and a real synth lover.