Techno with Micromonsta 2

Hi Elektronauts friends!

I had the opportunity to get a new (and cheap) Micromonsta 2 and I was wondering if any of you have one and produce techno with it ?

I have always been interested in it (and missed 2 times my turn in the batches cause I had bought another gear a few days before) so I didn’t want to miss this opportunity but couldn’t find much videos or threads about it.

Excited to know what you think about it and do with it :slight_smile:

You can make techno with anything.
All depends on your concept of techno and the process you apply.
I could make a my point of view techno just with ableton simpler and the laptop mic recording a scissor.

2 Likes

Hmm I haven’t seen it on RA not sure if you can make techno with it, I wonder if anyone has ever made techno with wavetables and filters before… Hmm :thinking:

2 Likes

you are really (really, really) fun but totally missed the point :wink: I am not asking if techno can be made with it, I am asking if any techno producers here own one cause I couldn’t find any jam with it.

1 Like

please, don’t. :smiley:

(I am kiddin’ btw but you missed the point of my post… I am not asking if it can make techno cause I know it does but was asking if anyone here owns it and what they made with it)

I was wondering if any of you have one and produce techno with it ?

Yes and yes. Don’t have any jams online, but it’s perfect for techno (chord stabs, lush pads, bassline). I believe most users are super happy with it. Amazing value for the money :+1:

1 Like

Yes, I actually bought it for chord stabs and pads ! Wasn’t sure it would be that easy to use and pretty impressed with it after only a few hours ! Will be fun to sample it with the DT :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just post where the item is for sale at here so we can confirm if it’s a techno beast edition.

it’s not for sale anymore as it’s mine :smiley: and I am pretty happy to have bought it btw

1 Like

Dammit!

I agree. Any synth can techno!

I don’t think anyone said the otherwise :roll_eyes:

I know. I’m just agreeing with another comment, because I think it’s true!

What kind of techno do you like, @magmax303?

1 Like

I’m no techno expert and I wouldn’t be surprised if serious techno heads weren’t much into this but here’s some ‘techno’ I made with the MM2, Digitakt, and Oto Bim. Disclaimer: These are all from Jamuary so I only had a couple of hours after work to make each one. I usually prefer my songs to go places and in my opinion these ones pretty much don’t. Still I like the way they sound and of course one would have to struggle greatly to make the MM2 sound bad.

5 Likes

Is the lead in Operation Mercury using one of the hard sync waveforms on the MM2?

Most of it :slight_smile:

Detroit techno, hypnotic techno, raw techno, hardgroove techno, … :slight_smile:

(not really fan of the current “trend” btw even if I like some of it too)

1 Like

I can’t remember! I can say for sure that it’s MM2 though.

1 Like

I could imagine some of Kenny Larkin sounds coming out of a MM2 although I don’t own one.

2 Likes

These tracks are really cool man !

he owns a lot of synths so who knows ! the MM2 sounds really nice for pads/strings and could be a good weapon to produce techno ! (even if Kenny Larkin seems to prefer expensive synths :sweat_smile: )

1 Like