Teenage Engineering - Field Desk

Field Desk From Teenage Engineering - $1599

4 Likes

Must be a joke!
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=camping+Tables&ref=nb_sb_noss

3 Likes

I had to check to make sure it wasn’t April fools. Many options for folding desks/tables can be had for under $100.

2 Likes

at this point I am back to loving them again.

This is such a biting satire on capitalist culture.

24 Likes

In the same way that Mussolini was a biting satire on Fascist government…

50 Likes

Based on my history, if I say I hate it and it’s too expensive, I’ll end up buying it a week later, just like the OP-1f and TX-6. So I’m going to say I like it and it’s inexpensive.

21 Likes

…a well done Eiermann-reminiscence!

1 Like

The perfect table for the rich Buffalo Bills fans out there

2 Likes

It seems like a solid product, but for my $$, I’d opt for this:

7 Likes

At some point, it will be revealed that Chris Morris has been behind TE all along.

G

22 Likes

If this is a joke then they are laughing all the way to the bank

1 Like

An Interview with the founder of Teenage Engineering here:

5 Likes

I just checked as was in the middle of ordering some nice plywood anyway (cosmic huh?) and assuming it’s 24mm thick plywood (which I don’t think it is) then that is nearly 120 pounds worth of plywood sheet at retail price, even before the formica-ing. So I think we can see why it’s… wait… how much?

6 Likes

Warum scheisst der Bär in den Wald?
Weil er es kann!

7 Likes

yeah, I mean, there are silly folk with too much money and who can blame TE for trying to get them to buy a table.

I’m not going to buy one, and I don’t suppose they thought for one second that I would. It’s still quite enjoyable to poke fun though!

I thought this was a joke lol

but after waking up from a cup of coffee, no it is not.

1 Like

Now you can sell quasi everything globally.
So, if you find some people on this planet willing to spend that money for this it would be stupid not to try it.

I guess they will sell more than one of this camping table.

Way too many holes

2 Likes

It’s gonna be amazing to watch people try and justify this one

9 Likes

Ya know as a fan of Teenage Engineering products and I have many of them, I think that I will pass on this one. As bad as their overpriced computer case. I will stick with my OP-1, OB-4, and TX-6, pocket operator combo.

1 Like