Teenage Engineering - Field Desk

Right? Especially when a folding Gator Frameworks or Fastset desk costs far less.

1 Like

It should also be added, that this desk is excluded from their free shipping offer. Shipping will add another $95 to the price.

So if you were thinking, hey, Iā€™ve got exactly $1,599 just sitting around for a new desk thingy from TE, then you may have to think again.

10 Likes

I always thought TE seemed like a hipster brand, this really cements that. Not to say thereā€™s anything wrong with the products, they seem pretty good if priced rather exuberantly.

1 Like

They seem to have moved from the overpriced, but I can understand it category, into the highway robbery category.

2 Likes

The perfect desk for anti capitalists.

9 Likes

Yeah but itā€™s made from recycled aluminiumā€¦

4 Likes

I think they call it carbon offsets.

6 Likes

Come on, that should be at least 3k right there. What a bargain

3 Likes

Absolute chancers

@Fin25 your MBA and the succulent would look great on thisā€¦

but seriouslyā€¦ what the actual f*ck.

3 Likes

Lol, Im not gonna lie i actually made an audible gasp when I saw the price tagā€¦

But like all things else, if I donā€™t need it or want it, I just donā€™t buy it. I donā€™t feel there needs to be a big fuzz about it honestly.

13 Likes

and itā€™s a flatpack diy build >.<

2 Likes

It costs 5-10x what youā€™d pay for a comparable desk from IKEA, but is not even half what you would expect to pay for fancy designer desks.

After eyeballing T-Slot Rails, Iā€™m not sure the Field Desk is excessively expensive for what it is.

For now, Iā€™ll stick with my TROTEN and KULLABERG desks.

2 Likes

Prices aside, could anyone actually decipher all the marketing talk and understand what they intend you to do with it? Beyond it being a Meccano trestle tableā€¦

1 Like

Presumably they want ā€˜influencerā€™ (ugh) fanpersons to show off their other products on it.

1 Like

Ok, thatā€™s funny.

The fact that the site is called design within reach and sell desks for $4k is actually funny. Iā€™m guessing they donā€™t mean financial reach :laughing:

5 Likes

33 Likes

Itā€™s funny how 10 years ago hipsters were known for thrifting and buying used and recycled stuff and now itā€™s people who spend lots of money?

Not saying youā€™re the only one making comments like that but I see lots of people say hipsters buy expensive things (but also donā€™t work?)

6 Likes

Ah, so the massive synth on it is invisible?

1 Like

Does it come with Song Mode?

6 Likes