Teenage Engineering - Field Desk

Hipster just means someone who follows the latest trends, perhaps to the point of making it part of their identity. It doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with how much those trends cost. When someone spends that much on something like this desk it’s not really about its practical utility, but more like a fashion/lifestyle statement.

TE stuff is very aesthetic and seems to put a high priority on the ‘industrial design’, reminds me of Apple. It feels as much like a fashion brand that makes nice looking things for people to put on their fancy desks as an electronic instrument company. Nothing wrong with that tbh, it’s just unsurprising in hindsight that they might release something like this, it’ll be eaten up by a certain demographic.

1 Like
1 Like

K&m 300 dollar keyboard stand I understand. It can hold my heaviest workstations without a wiggle. The portable desk I use is from DeWalt tools can hold up to 1000lbs of gear and it’s got tons of holes to run your cables through.

I constantly stage my boxes and desktop synths on here when I need to start tracking into my DAW.

5 Likes

well, I agree that it’s overpriced but we all gotta give credit to their graphic designer. whoever it is, knows how to oversell shit stuff :yum:

Even though it’s just a basic table, the presentation looks gorgeous.

3 Likes

Field studio waterproof:

12 Likes
5 Likes

Fonzy’s Table presentation

via Gfycat

Is that table constructed from recycled plasterers angle bead aluminium rails tho?

3 Likes

Where are the Velcro circles to attach my OP-1?

5 Likes

yea I dislike hipsters we had one at a past job and he was offended that I called him out as one lol!

Heh, was literally stopped from posting the identical link.

I think it’s pretty. It’s also for a wildly different market than most folks here are shopping in.

1 Like

I am not against stupidly overpriced stuff existing in the world, and it’s a nice table I will never buy.

But I still don’t get what it does? Are there like attachments you can screw onto it or something?

Max load is 75kg/165lbs… likely will only support a few hipsters.

Lots of space on that tabletop for succulents tho.

Yeah, I’m toxic.

3 Likes

yeah lots of m5 holes in the field rails ready for custom recycled aluminum pencil holders or something

2 Likes

Yours for £50

5 Likes

Doesn’t work with the TE crank attachment. Pass.
No FM transmitter. Hard Pass.

7 Likes

I want to say it‘s too expensive but then last time in that caused such a stir and so many complaints with the TE fans that I will instead say „enjoy!“

7 Likes

The Field Desk does look like the perfect, level surface for showcasing the bend in your OP-Z.

15 Likes

It’s a TE product.

What makes you think it’ll be level?

9 Likes

TE arrived to the car paradox:
A car: a vehicle with four wheels that you can drive from one place to another.
Car price range: $ 3000 - $ 300.000

1 Like