Teenage Engineering - Field Desk

Whats the table?

Link?

Thanks.

4 Likes

Okay I don’t even care if you’re trolling me… have at it :sweat_smile: here you go, obviously inflation is taking it’s toll but hey 29.99 is still a little more reasonable than the designer equivalent…

2 Likes

Many thanks. More my price range and in the UK.

1 Like

Exactly… I honestly can’t fault it tough as boots too, kid tested, parent approved :+1:

1 Like

This one is my studio table:

https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-5011g-6-foot-fold-in-half-table-light-commercial

There is a bit of a hump in the middle but it’s very stable and can hold 300-1500 lbs depending on loading.

I built this desk out of zebra wood and some legs from Etsy. I can stand on it. I think it cost about $700 in materials.

14 Likes

Isnt the field desk a bit too big by TEs standards?

2 Likes

In the meantime you will have to do with this stool sample

2 Likes

A poop joke? Really?

Lol

Seemed appropriate

1 Like

This is definitely a hard pass for me and I have many of their products but this is just dumb expensive.

Looks awesome! Better value for money no doubt.

Doesn’t have the notoriety of the field desk, but building my own was my own little way of “seizing the means of production”.

2 Likes

Now that’s a table I can get behind!

I asked my partner how much she thought it would cost… “about £2,000” was her reply. What do I do?

5 Likes

You can’t judge from that answer. You need to ask some more probing question like “does that seem reasonable to you?”

If the answer is yes, then you will have no problem with any price tags of other gear purchases and she’s a keeper :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Order two

4 Likes

Just imagine if for 2023 TE did a hard pivot and only released massively oversized products… like the op-z field is gonna be the size of JD800! A normal human-sized tx-12 mixer that weighs 5kgs! Pocket operators the size of an iPad!

Overpriced and oversized. It is the logical implication of this table.

2 Likes

Don’t tell anyone… I am beta testing this for TE, product name is still secret, they say

12 Likes