Tell me about your recording setup

I have a Asrock Creator Mainboard, it has 2 TB ports, but i think daisy would requiere that asio for all driver, it may work, but i have not tried that. The 2nd interface is in a differen location, where i have a mac mini connected to it. Both run very stable. I dont need that many ports, i can record 4 grooveboxes at the same time, thats good enough for my purpose.

Is that the x570 board from asrock?

I did spot an oldish vid on youtube of someone with two 2626s operating under Windows. My understanding is that you can have up to four of presonus TB interfaces operating at once with their drivers. But TB being as scarce as it is on a Windows platform there’s not many reports out there on people’s experiences with it. If you have the opportunity and inclination to try this out and report back I’m sure the post will be appreciated when it’s one of the few results that comes back from a search :slight_smile:

I’m currently in the planning stage of a new PC build. My last build was in 2011, so I’m expecting I will likely be stuck with whatever I go with for the next 10 years providing no major hardware failures. With that timeframe in mind, and given how prevalent TB4 has become on current PC chipsets, either native on mobo or via a header and add in cards, I’m considering making TB a priority feature. Particularly if it can run two interfaces reliably at once, that simplifies a lot of routing in my setup.

Then it’s just an AM4 / AM5 decision, although I feel like I could do an AM4 build now and an AM5 build in 2-3 years for similar cost to going AM5 now.

Yes x570 chipset, i had tried a UAD Arrow with it, but it didnt work, i returned it. The board has very good capacitors on it, military grade. It was expensive, but i wanted max reliability for the next 10 years, i had the last board also bought 2011, so 10 years is my expected lifetime. So far i am very pleased with it, and i could operate the next 2 cpu generations with it, if i wanted. I have a 3900 in it, but i belivr 6000 series woukd also work with that board. Bios upgrades have been plenty. I run a older bios, because its stable, so no reason to upgrade to the latest.

1 Like

Thanks for that. It sounds like we’re in the same headspace when it comes to PCs.

I’m excited to see what sort of new interfaces will be announced at NAMM in a couple of weeks.

Everything into SSL Six and then out to Spire Studio Recorder (which uploads to Google Drive and I then download to tidy things up in Audacity if it’s something I think is worth uploading to t’internet).

I am tempted by the TX-6 for simplification purposes.
We’ll see.

1 Like