The AR Feature Request Thread {closed}

Look at the signal flow… not possible. the input is routed directly into the compressor at the end of the chain.

Feature Request of the Day:
Make TRIG MUTES visible in GRID REC mode. It would make sense that if I can hold a TRIG and hit TRIG MUTE while in GRID REC mode that I’d be able to see that it was done without having to access the TRIG MUTE via FUNCTION + TRIG MUTE page. I feel that this is how they work on the A4 and OT. Remember when learning one Elektron box meant you could probably get around every Elektron box? Now they don’t seem to even implement the same thing on different units the same way. :disappointed:

+drive memory capacity readout. This has probably been requested.

snap sample start/end to zero to avoid clicks when sweeping the samples. if possible…

Don’t know if this has already been requested:
A new GLOBAL setting of “bind kits to patterns”. Would enable a good workflow for live jamming with existing patterns. The default state in every project could be checked, so nothing would change from the existing behaviour unless specificly unchecked. As globals are per project, diff. projects would remember their individual kit-pattern bindings.

And another one - more segmented save dialogs when loading a project:
loading a new project, unsaved changes - save globals y/n? save patterns y/n? save kits y/n? And only after these, would the loading of a new project commence…

Relative P-Locks

Right now p-locks are fixed - you set it to an absolute value and it stays there until you change it again. It would be really great to be able to adjust the value for a parameter and have the p-locks follow relatively. I often find myself having to re-lock all my p-locks after tweaking the track parameter a bit. Essentially it would be like parameter transposition.

Still looking for the quantize lock for live playing mode. Something that’s been in the manual from new but has never been there on my unit.

Where in the manual are you referencing?

As far as I can tell all references to quantization are in regards to trigs, which means that trigs entered/recorded via live playing can be quantized but the live playing itself remains unchanged.

These things!

After playing alot with the machine, there are only 2 things I miss badly:

• Ability to create FILLINS. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could add/remove trigs in a scene? Holding a scene pad, placing/removing trigs. Creating extra patterns and using a button combo for direct jump during live performance just to do a fillin doesn’t feel right, and is very error-prone.

• Ability to do global parameter changes. Holding a button and rotate the filter to do a quick filter of all sounds, that sort of stuff. Strom solved this brilliantly but I’m struggling with holding an ipad button and rotating an encoder.

• Sample [length] instead of [end] = wavetable possibilities.
    (Reverse playback could be a separate parameter)

• “Building block”-machines.
    (Basically more synth-y/raw configurations)

• Track time division
    (Having one track run in half speed, etc)

• Be able to change pad sensitivity

May have been thinking this was note q-lock when it was parameter q-lock.
I’m looking for a live play q-lock though. Be good for live additions when performing.

just messing with ar since a break, its a cool machine!
here are there things that still bug me the most:

• track selection. its a gesture i do so bloody often, using TRACK + PAD is too much effort. kinda awkward hand gesture and pressure sensitive pads for selection dont feel good. i would prefer the trig keys. instead, for playing the sounds i would not mind a key combination for the trig keys.
    discussed before, there were some other control purposes too.

• delay effect. i like it. no offense. its just a very specific delay type, and u can do a lot. the way feedback quickly goes into mud is cool but controlling subtle rhythmic delay times feels hard.
    goes into the more-fx-types-please bag

• attack in AMP
    just wanted to get rid of an initial click sound in SN FM. can do it with amp attack but attack=1 already cuts too much and weakens the attack peak.
    amp envelope was discussed a LOT.

• fix the manual!
    better, the machine. that retrig stuff and qstart isnt implemented since months now. dont want to be picky but it gives a lazy image.

I had so many more requests for features when I first got into this machine, but having now much more time to wrap my head around it and its workflow as well as live performances with this unit my list is much narrower:

1. Enable a choke off option for samples on tracks. I understand how the analog engine runs, but an option to turn the choke on/off on samples so that two samples from the same engine can play simultaneously would bring some interesting options to the table.

2. Samples/Sound playback during browsing. Simply hearing the sounds you are browsing through during pattern playback.

3. Trig Mute in Performance mode. Brilliant idea posted by @Twyce & @Emtex something like this would be very clever in keeping performance mode more spontaneous.

4. Pad velocity sensitivity. Some like it hard, some like it soft, but more importantly some sounds intuitively make more sense to mash on the pad harder or softer. Being able to choose the velocity per pad or the whole group would be an added bonus.

(Almost forgot the most important one)
5. Import/export Kits/Patterns from/to projects. I’ve found myself having to recreate kits and rewriting patterns (Can be a tedious and time consuming process) in order to place and arrange them in a project containing my live set.

• I read a few posts requesting to remove the Track+Pad to select a track to edit and replacing it with either a single or double hit of the pad itself? that is simply a terrible idea, no one wants to hear the sound during live play in order to edit it. Track+Pad works perfectly as is.

Ok I’m done.

-Elektron, I absolutely love what you guys are doing, looking to expand my arsenal soon with a Keys or a Four. Thank you!

"Track+Pad works perfectly as is."

Agreed.

I’d like a sample rate reducer on the entire drum (not just the sample). The bit crush is just a little too crunchy and is pretty unusable so far. Turns everything to much.

-b

• velocity & chromatic scales for the pads
  • looped samples
  • 16 (or 12) levels functionality

in x0x/grid-mode, I’d like to be able to quickly set the velocity while enabling a step/trigger. For the moment this needs to be done by holding down the step/trigger and twisting the velocity knob in the right submenu.

It would be a lot faster and user friendly if the velocity of a specific step could be set by holding down the step/trigger and hitting one of the 12 pads for the corresponding velocity (e.g. pad 6 = velocity 64).

This. I find nothing wrong with how the track selection works. It’s pretty intuitive as it is, I imagine switching it to the trig keys will make it clunky since using the track+pad gives a visual link to what sound/drum/pad you’re selecting (rather than memorizing the trig number).