The AR Feature Request Thread {closed}

track+trig to select a track would be too much distance for my fingers to hit with just one hand. The way it is now is just fine IMO.

no sample rate reducing to the synth sounds can be made as IIRC they have a 100% analog signal path? Wouldn’ mind having just redux available for the sample slots tho!

I’m sure it’s been said further up the thread but proper keyboard tracking on the synth engines. It’s really frustrating having the synth engines drift out of tune. The A4 does it. Why not the RYTM?

Does it not track properly with the sample engines either? I swear I was having issues using single cycle waveforms the other day. Thought my ears were out of whack.

No, I’m pretty sure samples track fine.

We can write whatever we want. In reality it doesn’t matter as Elektron have made it quite clear that they don’t really listen to any of their customers. We will be lucky if we see another update. They’ve probably moved all resources to the next device. The OT still has issues, I’m sure there are some in the A4/AK and I don’t really expect them to solve anything in the AR. [/quote]
They built a reputation on being long term machine developers,
with the MD and MnM seeing updates for over 5 years.
There were similar endless requests for those machines too, some fulfilled others not.
We can only hope they stick with that MO, I’m holding off buying anything till I see that again.
Currently
Very happy with my MnM
Okay about my A4
Disappointed with my OT

Arm record or import midi file. As far as I can tell neither of these are possible. If no midi import at least with arm record you could sync to Daw and record from there. I tried to chop a break in daw and put notes to midi… but though the rytm wI’ll sync stop/ start , you can’t arm record on start so there is no way to achieve this.

Ability to copy kits from one project to another incl. samples loaded in kit

Play and record retrigs with shuffle

Option/global setting that allows for changing the active track by just hitting a pad (not by pressing track + pad)

Kinda wish Re-Trigs were more flexible like on the Octa. AFAIK you can’t use perf mode to modulate retrig params and that is a real shame.

Can you not record triggers with the pads?

Apologies, but have not read 11 pages of requests (read a few though and some great suggestions, record retrigs, fill in mode, more machines, more LFOs, bit crusher).

I’m thinking like an OT owner (master track 8):

A global effects/retrig mode that can override individual track effect settings to distort/delay/compress/reverberize/stutter all tracks at once (just too lazy to do it manually per track in scene/performance mode)

Also a global set of filters would be very useful indeed.

Would be great to be able to manipulate samples a bit more like the OT (reverse surely required)

Copy/paste scene parameter to Perf and also to trig :slight_smile:

Maybe I am easy to please, but adding a FM cowbell would make me happy. The MachineDrum’s FM cowbell was by far my favorite sound, giving it an analog linear FM treatment would make me very happy.

:+1:

i would like to have a way to modulate the patterns themselves, in terms of trigger positions… controlled by a formula, looping a pattern segment (maybe predetermined) or just plain random (still somewhat user definable) while the button combo is pressed.
or as a value for performance pads to modulate to have even more control over the result…
when released, pattern reverts back to normal.
instant fills, anyone?

Yes , it is a suprise to me after just being able to hit a pad on most other machines, just how annoying that is.
Certain parts of the OS seem very backward after using Korg,Maschine and MPCs.

Others seem very focused and I like, but for a machine this expensive , some things just are not there yet.

Yes , it is a suprise to me after just being able to hit a pad on most other machines, just how annoying that is.
[/quote]
I like it how it is though, so make that an option.
I like to be able to play different sounds and filter one of them for example. This would not be possible if hitting a pad would select a sound.
Different folks, different strokes :slight_smile:

What I have been thinking is a user setting to have the last unmuted track become selected would be a good workflow improvement.
Another thing that might be worth considering is to have the led of the currently selected track flicker (orange?) at the first beat of every bar regardless of the current pad mode.

Certain parts of the OS seem very backward after using Korg,Maschine and MPCs.

Others seem very focused and I like, but for a machine this expensive , some things just are not there yet.[/quote]
No, it is good how it is now. Please don’t change it. It would be a mess if you change each track you’re editing by pressing a pad, so much confusion will arise. Maschine, MPC, Korg, etc are software based, the Analog Rytm is smooth as it is now.