The beer thread

I really like Grolsch, which is brewed here locally. Around this time of year I’m all about bock beer, especially enjoy the La Chouffe 6666 one. In spring and summer I like to have some fruity IPAs like that juicy IPA by Brouwerij 't IJ or a good kolsch.

1 Like

You could say I have Beer Acquisition Syndrome. And one severe case.

5 Likes

Yes I read the link, they forget for example that the bottle is washed and used several times before recasting, do not talk about the integral coloring / painting which is very polluting (while raising the huge problems labels on the bottles!) and minimizes the health aspects. Obviously part of their information comes from the Aluminum Association. :upside_down_face:
Here in belgium there is a deposit on many glass bottles, it has been talking about cans for ages but not effective.
Finally I am very serious with snails, in one (1, I) generation in water contained in plastic the distance between the sex and the anus shrinks, which tends to feminization and therefore after a moment at the pure and simple disappearance and the history of the water-based interior coating, humhum …
I’m probably a little paranoid but still.

1 Like

A few years ago I travelled through Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan with a friend and we drank tons of the dark Kozel’s. Very tasty stuff. The Czechs know how to brew good beers, the Germans too.

1 Like

Tengernseer hell is one of the best beers I’ve ever had. You can drink a lot of these without having a headache the next day.

2 Likes

My favorite beer is Westmalle Tripel.
But a fresh La Chouffe in good company will do just fine :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I have simple needs about beer: light, blonde and ice cold. I’m a Corona guy! Beer has to ‘flow easy’

After reading that, I am also, and unhappy about plastics too. I see a lot of cans now are plain, with a sleeve…I guess if they can stop using plastic for the sleeve/decor it will be a huge step forwards.

It seems there are a lot of trade-offs (cans vs bottles vs …?) and not a simple answer at all.

1 Like

Lovely beer indeed! All hail to Belgian monks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those two are also the OG “Späti Bier” here in Berlin :joy: ah Bavaria, motherland of the Reinheitsgebot! :wink:

@TobySD true, that one too! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I bet Berlin sells more of Tegernseer & other than whole Bavaria :joy:

4 Likes

My Berliner Späti beer

2 Likes

Will check it out.

Ive never bought them online as it was just around the corner but when I saw this, thought Id give them a shout out to support what he’s doing.

Their selection was a lot of London based micro breweries.

True craftsmen :slight_smile:

for a good reason :slightly_smiling_face:

Best thread in a long time!

We are switching beer brands along the year, depending on the season and mood. Currently we are sipping this:

Not the worlds best beer, but for a zero Alkohole one, it’s not bad. Much better than Heineken btw….imho. :sunglasses:

To spice up the thread…show your beer opener.

Here’s ours:

Inexpensive, simple, feels good in the hand, gets the job done.

1 Like

4 Likes

:laughing: That’s a good one!

Lives on my keyring

4 Likes

The things on rings :wink:

2 Likes