The beer thread

The bar i play in brew their own craft beers and they are my current favs, they also do pints of this which i love

5 Likes

This is their own beer, its lovely and not too strong so can enjoy a good few pints of it

Personally I think it’s brilliant that even in non-wanky pubs in London you can get pints of Beavertown or Camden brewery or some other local-ish craft brewer on tap these days., and are not stuck with just fosters/carling etc.

Hammerton brewery are just 5 minutes walk from my house. They’ve got a tap room and are alway brewing up something new and interesting. Gotta give a shout out to their staple N7 though, given it’s my postcode.

1 Like

Yeah, but non wanky pubs have always had at least a couple of ales on tap, usually local ones too.

2 Likes

Even tho I do love trying new food I must confess to not being adventurous enough to try fecal matter. What would be your recommendation? Dog, cow, bird? Lol :joy:
Don’t you like resin?

1 Like

Yeah. Nothing wrong with that. I like a cask ale too. But sometimes it’s nice to have something cold and fizzy that doesn’t taste of metal, sulphur and regret.

1 Like

b4f5d2b5-e74d-4cb9-96db-54b48b075559

Found out about this one a few years ago at a tapestry. 1 sip was enough for us to almost empty the keg during that evening.
Especially in spring this is wonderful. Fruity IPA. Very bitter. So good.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know, but you craft beer lot do like to go on like you invented ale and no-one drank anything but Carling black label and babycham before about 2005.

3 Likes

:rofl: chill out grandad. No one’s asking you to throw out your Freudian pump handles. Just replace the fosters tap with a foraged herb heffeweise that you can only purchase if you have an ironic moustache and a fixie bike and everyone (no one?) will be happy.

1 Like

I love working my way through new beers in a bar but my go to will always be a pint of guiness. If out drinking all night it’s too heavy but for a pint or two I love a well poured guiness

1 Like

:joy:

My best mate always insists on drinking in Brewdog cos he wants to put it in one of the bar staff. The amount of wet ginger moustaches going on in there makes me laugh.

Beer’s alright though.

1 Like

Competition. The facts.

7 Likes

:face_vomiting:
Giving me flashbacks. As a student we used to drink Tesco value vodka mixed with Tesco value cola before going out. Disgusting. I dread to think what my gamma-GT was in those days.

Environment, init. But only if the cans are made of recycled material (not “virgin” aluminium)

And costs. Cans are smaller/lighter/cheaper to pack, and therefore lower emissions hugely on transport (“An individual glass 330ml bottle weighs about 200g compared to 11g for 330ml aluminium cans.”). You can fit more on shelves. Cans block UV, so the beer won’t get all funked up

See Toast Ale - Raise a toast. Save the world. Cheers for more.

EDIT: Looked like I picked the wrong time to quit drinking. The list of beers I have loved is extensive. My wife made this table from some of the caps. I love Belgian beer, and I love American Beer. It is a shame we don’t get any good US beer in UK anymore. But Also, that contributed to me stoppig drinking. I noticed that if I couldn’t get something I really wanted, I would drink…anything.

2 Likes

Not sure that the weight and cleaning of the glass bottle is more of a problem than cleaning / melting / remelting / squeezing / painting the can.
Besides, drinking a plastic-coated aluminum beer might be because I drink very little or because I know what plastic does to the distance between the sex and the anus of freshwater snails, but it doesn’t motivate me. :upside_down_face:

Kona Brewing Big Wave makes a good chaser between maitais :yum:

1 Like

I‘m very loyal to my home area in this regard :upside_down_face:

image image

4 Likes

2 Likes

Did you read the link though? Someone seems confident, but yeah, who knows. As a now non-drinker, I sort of don’t care, but if one choice is better for the earth, as a resident, I care.

1 Like