The beer thread

Canadian beer game is strong.

1 Like

FUCKING Love it. Can get it bloody everywhere. It’s like Pringles made a beer, once you pop you can’t stop….

Another firm favourite. I had two casks at my wedding - free for guests. If they wanted to drink some other piss they had to buy it

6 Likes

Wow, this thread got a lot of responses in 4 hours.

Any Kolsch is good with me, other than that, Coors Light

1 Like

Used to be local for me, they do a great selection delivered. Chap Oli who runs it is a good guy.

Hepcat IPA on tap is a firm fav as is Beavertown Neck Oil. Could drink both for breakfast.

I stay away from the forum for a few hours and now it’s impossible to reply to this thread.

Go to Toronado on Haight Street in SF and have a pint of Pliny the Elder. It will change your life. One of the few things I miss about living in SF (that bar and that beer on draught both).

Here in Brooklyn, things are a bit more fraught (weirder liquor laws and regional distribution). My go-to beer currently is Industrial Arts Torque Wrench, a double NEIPA from a short ways up the Hudson, but I also have a soft spot for the offerings of Collective Arts, out of Hamilton, Ontario, the closest Canadian approximation to a Rust Belt city, which are not hard to find here.

2 Likes

Need I say more, I think not.

1 Like

Hometown fav!

7 Likes

Pairs great with a jelly doughnut.

4 Likes

Local brewery Red Pig makes some serious IPAs and sour/farmhouse ales. This was tonight’s selection.

Also, some great picks above… Fin Du Monde, Abt 12 and Dogfish Imperial 90 are all in my Top 10.

1 Like

This stuff improves the sound quality by 5%.

2 Likes

Not enough of you fine people are drinking craft lagers IMO

1 Like

I gotta flex some of the local Brewers of Umeå especially the one beer named after the little town I live in…

And I know a lot of Swedes are a bit embarrassed by the way our government is curling our alcoholic culture, but Systembolaget as a purchasing site really has its shit together.

https://www.systembolaget.se/ol/

2 Likes

1 Like

Is 9 in the morning and I’m writing for beers, I feel like alcoholic but when I saw the thread I couldn’t resist share my knowledge and taste. After a year been around in Nederland and Belgium i tasted the best beers in the world .
So here are my choices : abbey or Trappist strong blond and triple
Lupulus tripel
Orval
Maredsous

Cheers, :beers:

7 Likes

Received this recently from a fellow musician :star_struck:

4 Likes

Coopers Original Pale Ale!!! Love it…

Hopefully the rest of the world knows to roll the bottle a few times on its side before opening…

1 Like

The amount of times you lot have felt the need to tell me that over the years…:joy:

1 Like

Here my current favv. 1/2 way through my second…

2 Likes

That’s not a knife…

3 Likes

I use Beer52. Similar idea. Seems a bit cheaper though (£24 for 8 beers sourced from around the world and they are nearly always excellent)

They also always seem to have this promo on of a free case (after paying £6 postage).

No gimmicks, you can cancel subscription anytime. They are obviously banking on mugs like me who think they are going to cancel it and then think, actually it’s pretty good, maybe I’ll keep it going…

Just remembered this one. Very unusual with the herby element, but I like it a lot. Again, definitely a summer beer.

1 Like