The beer thread

Bwahahaha!!

1 Like

Coming soon to Didldidi “Lager flavour carbonated refreshment beverage” :joy:

1 Like

these two pictures pretty much sum up my alcohol problem :wink:

1 Like

Wall mounted, game is serious round ours :joy:

I added the magnet to stop the caps falling behind the bin, everyone else thinks it is funny to leave them there instead of the 1 second to pick it off and bin it. Animals.

5 Likes

I don’t know if it’s ironic but I’ll need to post some recommendations tomorrow as I’m heading out to my mate’s to honk back on the turps and make a hellish noise with some synths… however…

Up here, cider and ribena was just called cider and black (and remained popular with the gothique types well into the 90s). It only became snakebite and black when it was half a pint of cider and half cheap lager with blackcurrent in it. And, yeah, it was a one-way ticket to having a chat with Hughey on the big white telephone.

2 Likes

Another derailler

Without any sense of irony, I absolutely LOVE Tennents. tennentspint

1 Like

I was pretty much weaned on the stuff. Find it hard to order anything else whenever I’m back home.

1 Like

Why would you want to order anything else? :man_shrugging:

Back when I still played dj gigs I had a couple of traditions. The first one happened at home before the gig. When I was picking and choosing the vinyl for the night’s gig I always had a "record packing beer” which I would sip as I spun vinyl at home before I walked to the venue. A great way to start a night but you had to be careful. A few times a friend had gifted me a 0,75 litre Chouffe bottle and that was just a bit too much for a starter.

During my 18 years as a dj, I grew fond of Brooklyn’s basic IPA which taught me all about IPA. I guess it was the first beer of that type to be imported into Finland. It’s harder to come by in bars nowadays but it always feels nostalgic to find it somewhere.

The real “Best Beer In The World” for me is Fuller’s ESB. That was my main drink for the nights I gigged. Good size bottles that you don’t have to run to the bar all the time and can concentrate on mixing etc. but a lot of flavour and character. Absolute best forever.

Now that I’ve retired from the nightlife mostly, I’ve grown fond of dark beers like porters and stouts. It’s great to have a beer that lasts an hour and the taste develops slowly as it warms up. And you can spend the whole night with just 2-3 bottles. The one pictured has been a recent favourite at my local pub.

There’s a place for those piss-like lightbeers too. Once I had a friend over from Helsinki and I was playing records at a club. We drank a lot of special weird beers. After the bar closed we went to our band rehearsal place which had a couple of Lapin Kulta (the finnish equivalent of Bud Light) bottles in the fridge. I’ve never tasted such a refreshing beer in my life. After many hours of very strong and characterful beer, the lamest crap tasted like a piece of heaven to us.

Beer is great.

2 Likes

Only tastes in situ, but after a good day‘s skiing it‘s magic.

1 Like

3 Likes

Pax labs ?

1 Like

Quite nice for a lager.
It’s nice to drink an American beer that isn’t either pisswater or waaaaaaaaaay too hoppy.

There’s hope for you buggers yet…

4 Likes

Here in the northeast US, lagers are coming on strong. Between the brewery I work at, Hill Farmstead, Fox Farm, Notch Brewing, and many others, there’s a real renaissance of quality lagers.

2 Likes

Beer nerds, check out this list of the current offerings at my place of employment:

Check out the brewpub tab on the right…

1 Like

1 Like

2%?
WTFF?
Even my beloved Rainier beer has twice that amount of ABV

1 Like

Been working on cutting right back before a lifetime of binge drinking catches up with me; so mostly been sticking to this over the past year. Nothing special.

Don’t like most ginger beers but this is nice to have as a sometimes drink:

1 Like