The beer thread

I went through this whole thread wondering how Delerium Tremens did not make and appearance and was so excited to post a pic… alas - you beat me to it.

Amazing beer!

Nice,nice
Brussels is the best place if you want to drink it (in a pub)
There are a few pubs here in Gent who serves it but not that many anymore .
Lol @10 AM
You probably had the best breakfast of your live :rofl:

1 Like

LOVE this one, gives the best beer high I know and love.

1 Like

Thx I thought the same :wink:

Where I lived as a kid the brewery was very close very close

So it was in house for like 90% of the time

Can you find that in Jersey?

1 Like

Yes, There are a few places local to me that carry it. I don’t always drink it as it can get super expensive but It is my favorite :slight_smile:

As it happens, I was in my old neighborhood and drove by the Toronado – it was boarded up. Probably a casualty of the pandemic. I haven’t been there in years, and, as mentioned the service was… spotty at best, so I’m not too heartbroken over it. I just hope something cool goes in. It’ll probably end up as some kind of overwrought and overthought hipster eatery where you can bring your dog or something.

So apparently Toronado SF dates from around 1988, Toronado SD from 2008, and the SD spinoff closed just before the pandemic, due to not enough business.

1 Like

That’s cool you lived so close to the brewery. It is a very delicious beer. It has always been relatively easy to find here in Chicago, at least a decent liquor store. And in recent years I have even seen it at some drug stores like Walmart or maybe CVS. It has been a while, so I may have to pick some up soon.

i got to be on a couple of beer labels for a local brewery!
I got to pick the style of beer, so I’m kinda partial to those.

6 Likes

Probably Three Floyds Lazer Snake and the Mocha Stout on the dark side.
MAYAN-MOCHA-CAN-copy5f27fa527cb95_500_280_no_crop
Bottles suck.

Love a lot of the hipster gumph, but in the same way that I like a nice coffee, sometimes bog standard is completely fine.

I loooove porters and stouts, generally just trying something a bit different, an IPA or two and recently enjoyed a couple of ‘milkshake IPA’ sorta things - get the smooth with the spiky.

This was my fave back in the day. Brewery closed down a while ago now unfortunately.

Norway was proper limited beer-wise when I first came here 20 years ago. Things improved a lot since then thankfully. Still can’t get a Brains Dark or Theakstons Old P though.

Woow even in Chicago.

Its more and more a trend that some beers or specials brews are all and immediately for the export.

Here in the 90ties a lot off bubs where bought by AB inbev so only beer of AB inbev was served
so al those little breweries where forces to look for a new market.
and why not go international because they make damn good beers.
May I asked what do you pay for a six pack or a one bottle

something else a bit Belgium humor
in the beginning of corona there was a shop in Brussels who made the following promo

by one corona beer and get one mort subite(instant death) for free

3 Likes

Sure, these days the tall bottle goes for around $12, and a 4 pack of pint cans goes for around $20. While the Delirium Tremens is the one you see most often, we also get some of their other offerings like the the Delirium Noel and Delirium Nocturnum, and Delirium Red.

1 Like

This is the way. I’ve worked in the craft beer business in Boston for nearly 20 years. As much as I’m all for a well made beer from an independent local brewery, at times all I really want is a Bud Heavy or a Coors Banquet.

Also craft beer has fully jumped the shark at this point and there’s a lot of garbage out there in fanciful cans. :shushing_face:

3 Likes

A small private owned brewery located in Kulmbach, which I think is the region within Germany with the highest density of breweries. Just plain perfect beer!

2 Likes

I had a Delerium Deliria last night.

1 Like

Oh cool, how was it?

It was good and was draft so I didn’t get a pic of the label. It was a hoppy blond but still had that Delerium character.

1 Like

Nice! I’ll have to give it a spin sometime.

1 Like