The beer thread

After an enjoyable Thanksgiving Holiday filled with various whiskey cocktails like old fashioned’s and Manhattans, I am unwinding with a Lagunitas Unrefined Shugga. In the past, their Brown Shugga has been a favorite winter warmer, and last year they did not even brew it. It is nice to have it back in this new version, Unrefined Shugga, which I guess uses…unrefined sugar. It is delicious, and it is really hitting the spot on a cold Thanksgiving day. But beware, these clock in at 10% ABV, so make sure to take that into account because they can sneak up on you.

5 Likes

BC elektronauts represent.!
We are spoiled with beer here.

1 Like

Preach.

1 Like

Sean Costello would be proud.

2 Likes

Can of dog, perfect with sunday roast :yum:

Apparently popular in Brittany too @sezare56 @LyingDalai ever tried it? Recommend if not.

3 Likes

Two excellent beers, both brewed locally in…

Leeds

Leeds Leeds Leeds, we’re all Leeds aren’t we, etc. etc.

2 Likes

I don’t know it. We have the Duchesse Anne, my favorite.

2 Likes

They sure look tasty in those photos. Nice to see some British beer with some oomph to it, too (5-6+%). That was one thing I found somewhat disappointing when I visited London / Winchester in late 2015. Almost all the beer out at the pub/tavern/inn/etc. was low-powered. I’d have to drink a gallon (3.78 liters) in order to feel it. Granted, those were my pre-children days when I could be a little less responsible. That, and over where I live, it seems like beer keeps creeping up in strength, like some kind of strange arms race. Depending on the brewery, you’d be hard-pressed to find anything under 5% very often.

1 Like

That’s the best beer EVER mate I love it :beer: :beer: :beer: :+1:

1 Like

Tried a Thornbridge Halcyon tonight. Really tasty, have always been a fan of Jaipur, but this was considerably more punchy at 7.4%

4 Likes

Florida’s own Swamp Ape DIPA. Tastes like it’s namesake purportedly smells, with “potent aroma and bite”. 10% ABV.

2 Likes

They have Delirium Red at the local supermarket for $20 (four-pack)… pricey but still way cheaper than at a hipster brewpub.

1 Like

I think it is worth it, especially considering it is imported here from Belgium, and the quality is great. For local breweries like Half Acre, Maplewood, or Dovetail, I spend around $12 for a 4-pack of pint cans, and more if it is a special release. Although if doing local, it’s good to go the growler route sometimes.

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s still kinda the same, all ‘normal’ Btitish beer is fairly week as most people here just like lager/bitter/(or Strongbow Darkfruits). There’s a lot of small breweries making much better stuff too though.

If you want something stronger, Northern Monk do a stronger version of Faith called Heathen which is 7.2%, a Double Heathen which is 10%, or if you’re feeling really brave, this:
Death - 12% imperial stout - you’ll almost need to chew, it’s that thick.

3 Likes

This is a Western Australian beer, I swear it is a cracker. Try it if you have the chance. It used to be in a bottle, not sure if taste is different in a can

2 Likes

Yes please.

Right, Friday afternoon starter, just been down the shop for a crate of the old NCL Broon Ale.

Enjoy your weekend all cheers :beer: :beer: :beer: :+1:

2 Likes

Beautiful

I’m assuming this is food, but as an American this reads like a bad night in the bathroom. :laughing:

5 Likes