The beer thread

Old Style in a Kingsford koozie. This rare delicacy is often found around Chicago, or other parts of the Midwest. :wink:

3 Likes

Scrumptious!

3 Likes

Oh boy, I’ve never heard of that one. What’s it all about?

1 Like

My knowledge of beer is weak so I’m working on it one bottle at a time.

3 Likes

Oh cool, thanks for the label shot. Sounds really good with the malty-but-crisp description. And ringing in at 8.2%, it is perfect for this time of year. And while I’ve had a couple of US produced dopplebocks, it’s not that common, so this is cool to see.

1 Like

Barley wine. Cheers all. To a prosperous year.

3 Likes

Nice! Another excellent winter warmer!

2 Likes

From the makers of my favorite stout, Founders Breakfast Stout.

1 Like

Aussie beer tends to sit between EU & US beer generally.
Beer wise I normally drink whatever is popular with the locals on tap when out, although I keep a few spirits at home.
Coopers Pale Ale is popular locally but im not big on any beer that requires cutlery to see the bottom of your glass and if im drinking Coopers id rather have their Sparkling Ale…

If available I like the Austrian Trumer Pils. Clean, crisp, session-able & just the right amount of Saaz with 26 IBU. It’s not “hipster” approved but I like the balance. When I have home-brewed it is my model pilsner.

1 Like

Can’t promise I won’t buy any gear this year, but I wish you all the best…

3 Likes

Interesting. I looked the brewery name up; this is a quad from a distillery?

This is a quad that was aged in barrels from a distillery. The brewery is Schilling (where I work); the distillery is Tamworth.

That’s fine, more than one bottle at a time is really worrisome overkill

Ha! Valid point!

I’m past the days of having a 40 duct taped to each hand.

4 Likes

Yeah, me too. And, even taking a more benevolent interpretation of your original statement, while I might have bought a six-pack of one of my favourites (Sloop Juice Bomb IPA) at Trader Joe’s because of the considerable savings, I’m not near a Trader Joe’s any more, so I am buying at most two of any beer at a time (and drinking only one per evening).

1 Like

Oopsy!

6 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/5Cpxd1MTY6TVCucJ8

Last can. We really had some great times together, didn’t we? :sob:

3 Likes

One of the few things I miss from living in SF

1 Like