The Behringer era

YES

Make noise Maths is based on the Serge Dual Universal Slope Generator. Not a clone. All Serge stuff is open source. So long as he is credited, Serge is cool.

1 Like

ah ok i thought that was the greyscale alternative front panel for the maths, guess it isn’t at all now:

https://grayscale.info/panels/make-noise-maths-v2/

I’m thinking about cloning the RD-9. In a metal case, decent graphics and no bugs.

$1299

1 Like

If it sounds right I’d buy.

Where has Make Noise credited Serge? I looked at their site and Maths manual and found no mention of Serge.

exactly…based on complaints now about B, all synths should stop being made because a piano existed before. If Make Noise has a solid lock on its IP, then this Baths (my clever Behringer Maths name) will never see productions, if not, then it will and it will end up in many racks. This cool guy modular club is going to be infiltrated by jocks. Its all so highschool sounding, but its the same basically. Hipsters mad that the masses now can do modular too. And before someone cracks on me, I’m part of modular scene and spent way to much on booji brand name modular stuff to, but am happy to see some welcome competition.

From original Maths manual, on website:

MATHS, a mash-up of the Buchla 281, Buchla 257 & Serge DUSG, continues this great tradition of sculpting the control signals we use to sculpt our sound signals.

2 Likes

You are correct - I didn’t look for the old manual. However, that’s not the manual for current Maths - the original Maths is a different module.

Current Maths manual has no such mention:

http://www.makenoisemusic.com/content/manuals/MATHSmanual2013.pdf

For some reason they seem to have removed it from the current module manual. I suppose Serge is still cool with it?

That’s not why I personally am upset. I’m upset because it’s KardashianJenner style capatalism where in the words of PAN label head “It’s sadly another case of an artist who capitalizes on culture without any original ideas and because culture trickles up, this means we are all basically working for him”.

Probably idk go ask him.

1 Like

2 Likes

Again, I guess lots of people wouldn’t have a problem with B when they would come up with some original twists and ideas. No one wants them to reinvent the wheel.

But c’mon. They are like “okay, let’s see. What’s the most sold module? Math’s? Okay, clone that.”

Cloning a 303 is one thing, people want that for years, I get it. But Math’s is here, you can buy it folks. It’s currently in production.

With all the resources they have they just clone and clone like there is no tomorrow. Lame.

Behringer is like Sony, copying “nights of the jaguar” from UR’s Rolando.

ABIBAS, NICE and BEEBOK sneakers incoming…

3 Likes

i have a few Behringers, no synths. Ada8200.

To me It feels like buying/consuming a Behringer versus investing in a module/synth/instrument company

Both are valid options and can make sense.

End of the day, we can spend our money how we decide for ourselves. A little.

1 Like

How quickly will Behringer release their 2600 after Korg?

@Lieder taking this conversation here. Uli’s response is in the comment to the post:

Hi Ralph, thank you for your comment. Since I have been tagged here, please allow me to respond.
Synth clones have been around for decades, both as hardware and software versions. Why should we not be allowed to enter the market?
All these analog circuitries are free for anyone to use as none of them are patented anymore. Unfortunately your understanding about “open source” for hardware is incorrect. There is no such license for hardware. How many companies use the Ladder filter without crediting Bob Moog?
Or missing out crediting Bartolomeo Cristofori for his invention of the piano key bed?
We do understand that we are a fierce competitor as for many decades we have invested in innovation related to efficiency and factory automation.
Our loyalty belongs to our customers and our goal is to make products as affordable as possible.
However I strongly believe there will always be a market for boutique makers and we both can coexist as the customer base is different. Today, we’re collaborating with many developers from smaller companies who either join us as employees (Nashijima San from Korg, Luigi Scarano from Fingersonic) or as collaboration partners like Rob Keeble from AMSynth and many more.
We invite everyone to join forces in our synth mission. Uli

1 Like

What’s the mission though?

Make Uli emperor of the Synth-galaxy.

“We invite everyone to join forces in our synth mission. Uli” a.k.a “Come to the dark side or I’ll crush you. Ha Haa Haaaaa Ha Haaa” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Snoke Model D

2 Likes