The Behringer era

digital stuff like that requires a lot more code. most of the stuff they’ve been doing is based on readily available circuit designs. I bet they were kicking themselves about Arturia beating them to the Mutable engines though!

1 Like

Well, Deepmind is a pretty complex synth. And they also have stuff like Wing and Midas mixing consoles which are arguably more complex than anything Elektron has made.

I think they are just focusing on the classics no-one else has made available for affordable prices yet.

1 Like

There is a long thread at GS which Behringer seems to read and even posts at times: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1141074-what-synths-should-behringer-make-next-poll-amp-speculation-thread.html

Maybe share your ideas there? Behringer has actually released a couple of synths already that were suggested there.

I don’t have that many ideas. People have been dreaming of a performance mixer from Elektron. That’s a good idea.

Wisdom.

1 Like

Not really political, but I spend a lot of time in Mexico…and there is such a crazy music scene there, and many of my friends have good jobs, but still can’t afford to buy gear that even a lower middle class person in Europe or the U.S can. I noticed that the video about the System 100 had Spanish subtitles. That made me smile. Maybe stuff like this will make it to Latin America (Curse the Mexican import tax!)

5 Likes

The only thing changed in my mind after reading some of this thread is my opinion on some of Elektronauts users…

3 Likes

Behringer is the dood that sticks a 4/4 kick under an already popular tune and then takes Artist credit

2 Likes

I didn’t have much of an opinion to begin with, and this thread hasn’t changed that.

i guess the saturation-point has been hit last year - I mean take a look, Korg is doing FM recently, Yamaha as always, and now this new companies … and Roland is doing the VA-stuff since System 1 in a more business-oriented matter for the young people, even Nord, an extremely conservative company, hit the market now with the NordWave2 (i think there will be more in the pipeline). Waldorf!!! Only Access is waiting and i guess it has to do with the CEO - he is too old for this kind of stuff :laughing:- cautious, more on the save side with the guitar-players (Kemper). If Behringer is coming up with some new digital stuff, it will be something in the VA territory - my guess

1 Like

For some of us balding, middle aged men, our ponytails have no choice but to live in the past.

6 Likes

likewise. @AdamJay gonna get to check it out properly in me studio next week. looking forward to it :slight_smile:

okay thanks guys but let’s keep it on topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Music business in the front, party in the back?

3 Likes

[quote=“Noisebuddy, post:1159, topic:57668, full:true”]i guess the saturation-point has been hit last year - I mean take a look, Korg is doing FM recently, Yamaha as always, and now this new companies … and Roland is doing the VA-stuff since System 1… etc etc…
[/quote]

True that.

Behringer’s saturation tolerance levels seem quite a bit higher… and Uli’s new factory city needs to keep busy. I wonder when they will realise the law of diminishing returns with cloning purely analog synth history… or maybe there are none nowadays and we as consumers have hit critical mass to keep such production going for perpetuity.

Either way though… would prefer they came up with some original ideas more often, and I say that as a Boog/rd8/k2/x32 owner.

Who in this thread has had their opinion about Behringer changed since the thread began?

not really changed opinion - interesting tidbits about some of their synths etc. but out of the loop with the general direction of the more recent products.

I use some of their older products - like their original digital number, the DDX3216, ADA-ADAT boxes and older compressors etc. I’m generally pretty happy and if I needed a new mixer I might grab one of their newer digital boards.

2 Likes

Chances are that already popular tune is just a refactoring of another popular tune anyway

I thought they lived on the back of the head not the past?

How can comments like this be tolerated here?

Do you seriously think it’s funny, the plight of less privileged people elsewhere in the world, as long as you get want you want on-the-cheap? And all for what, some frivolous, knockoff of an old synthesizer?

Honestly, sometimes I’m embarrassed to be apart of the human race.

Argh!

5 Likes

That’s the main reason I don’t really want to buy Behringer anymore. These synths are cheaper because someone was willing to make them for minimum wage