The Behringer era

Bruhhhhh that wasn’t even techno, though…

2 Likes

It is fascinating how much time and offer some invest to argue about stuff they don‘t like. If the products aren‘t your taste, why not just buy something else and invest your time into something positive? There is so much stuff I dislike on this planet, if I would argue about everything, I’d die because of no time for breathing…

I find negatives important actually. Of course to a healthy point. Otherwise you would only have raves. What good us that?

there was a short “good vibes” lifetime for elektronauts but now we are back on this fragile discussion about life decisions and such…and what an impact products have that nobody needs to buy at least. :coffee:

I think you are missing the point a bit. To judge a synth sound, I don’t need to post tracks made by me. This discussion is about synths, not me.

However, if you aren’t familiar with how these synths sound, I give you one tip for each.

Minimoog - Funkadelic
Pro-One - John Carpenter
SH-101 - Shpongle

Check those out.

I’d say there’s more nuance to that argument than that. Of course you can hear the character of a sound inside a track, but unless there’s a very obvious element that distinguish the sound(3osc instead of 2, a filter with a strong character like the MS-20), once it’s mixed, you won’t be able to say which synth the sound is coming from, unless you made the track.

So the best way to distinguish synth sounds is by either A/B testing and trying to match sound between units, or trying to mix them inside a track. The rest is either conjecture or comparing apples to oranges (comparing different synth architecture).

Another example if you take the sound of the Prophet Rev2, the sound on its own isn’t anything special (personal opinion), but inside a mix it just fits. You hardly ever need to eq it which in turn is more valuable to me than some other characteristics of the sound.

2 Likes

The more I do this, the more I share your opinion. Some synths sound good and are easier to mix. On the other hand, once you know your synths, you learn how to fit them into the mix.

To me the value of a synth also is in how programmable it is. I have a blofeld for instance which I haaaaaate programming on the hardware. Without the monstrumfeld plugin it would have been long gone already

1 Like

And now we’re playing into gender stereotypes. Very classy.

4 Likes

Methinks this thread would be best off put in the freezer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t see why. Not a lot of personal attacks, very few flags/moderation. Just people discussing their positions.

1 Like

Absolutely fine to disagree with me - just my opinion since I’m kinda feeling this is bringing out lots of layers not extremely related to, or in line with my experience up until now, of elektronauts.

1 Like

It’s a divisive issue, certainly.

You can mute the thread, using the icons at the bottom.
Muting has certainly helped me in the past.

5 Likes

Thanks - great tip!

well no, the point is that it doesn’t have to be one of those synths (or a knock off of it) to sound good. AdamJay posted evidence of it.

and I own or have owned all of those synths, so I don’t need to check those tracks out.

Don’t see much Behringer gear in there, haha, he obviously prefers the originals too :laughing:

4 Likes

How about that RD-6, huh, everybody?

Looking around that collection (and what’s been released/announced already) you can see what might be next on the cloning list…

I want to say its shit :laughing: but it does actually sound nice from the demos. Still worth waiting until they get in the wild as firmwares seem to be a bit flaky on some of their other gear at first, apparently. Or buy used…

the be fair, this is true for pretty much every gear that‘s released these days

4 Likes