The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Ooh it’s like you have it lying around for photos :joy:

Those light up faders look awfully Boutique short

Didn’t everyone agree the JP-08 was unusable?

Nope, just their FB page.

2 Likes

They carry on like this they’re going to have to open up a vape shop

9 Likes

So it’ll come out in like 2026 then, if ever. This is cool but I’ll believe it when it’s on store shelves.

Paraphonic, not poly.

How many unreleased teasers is this now?

What’s the point of making a Jupiter clone and then making it paraphonic? :thinking:

2 Likes

It isn’t a Jupiter clone, it is a trade dress marketing trick.

8 Likes

Then ‘what’s the point’ is an even more valid question :nerd_face:

1 Like

Also new in progress, is a Mooger Fooger style Ring Modulator, like the 102.

Unfortunate choice in letter designation. It’s gear in progress so that will surely change.

1 Like

:100: But they don’t show any signs of stopping.

1 Like

I wonder what they’re doing in regard to the filter? As far as I’m aware Cool Audio have t cloned the 3109 so I’m guessing they’re going with their V662? That might explain why this is paraphonic while the Pro 800 is polyphonic? I would imagine cramming the extra circuitry for 8 662 based filters is a space issue

Edit. The V662 has two OTA in the package but that’s still a lot of circuitry required

1 Like

But if they’d do an Alpha Juno clone :drooling_face:

That’s the advantage to owning the foundry, you always have the option, when it is merited, to create what is needed. That takes time, but there is a long enough design pipeline at Musictribe to get that done.

Would there be other good uses for a wider V662 as you’re suggesting ?

1 Like

For the JT-2 :

I think you cut it up, and make it simpler, with more CV in. Drop the LFO, the arpeggiator, and the envelopes, so what you have are the two oscillators and the filters together, with much longer sliders, and a much larger CV patch section, on the side like the Neutron. Make the Jupiter oscillators and filters authentic sounding and affordable.

If there is also a keyboard, that’s the place for a larger more generous polyphonic treatment.

Black Corporation ISE-NIN Jupiter voice in Eurorack

This has the same problems, or even worse, though it is more compact.

The V662 is already out in the wild in the RD8 II. The BA662 was in a ton of other Roland gear of the time. Early rev JP4’s had them in the VCF and VCA. Roland then moved to the IR3109 for the later rev JP’4’s and then the JP8 amongst other stuff.

I’m wondering if CA are going to remake the 3109 or whether they’ll stay with the 662?

To answer your original question I’m sure there are other folks out there better qualified to say but afaik the switch to the IR3109 was in 1981 and I’ve read that it was developed due to calibration issues in the early JP4 (prob also with a view toward the upcoming JP8) so anything predating that used the 662 would be possible?

1 Like

They’d make a shit ton more money if they did, and they wouldn’t have to carry on with this ridiculous facade.

imagine if they did various flavours of gear in addition to the colours.
a strawberry flavoured RD6 ?

in the facebook post it mentioned them doing a full key version of jupiter… so i think theyre just teasing with this… or trying to recoup some of the cash they’ve spent.

When was the last synth or drum machine that Behringer actually brought to shelves? Was it the Mkii RD-8? I don’t quite understand how they are “waiting on the chips” for quite a while now and haven’t released one of their announced synths while other manufacturers are able to figure out how to make and release new stuff even if at a slower pace.

3 Likes

I guess the last gear officially released from Uli was RD9, announced in 2017 and released in early 2021. We can’t consider RD8mk2 and TD3MO as real releases because they are just reissues.
So, at the moment we are talking about 2 years of false promises…