The Big Elektronauts Hip-Hop Thread: production tips, sharing our music, feedback and inspiration

Thanks, man

I think the answer to this is just yes. It’s just on my desk but leaving it in the videos was definitely a choice. I think it’s kind of funny that people are putting little potted plants or video game accessories and I’m putting my pill box.

5 Likes

I’ve been putting some time and effort into the Octatrack, it really is a beast.
Here’s the result of todays sampling session…

10 Likes

Love it :sunglasses:

1 Like

@DimensionsTomorrow posting a Souls tune in the HHBB topic made me think of this doc. For those that haven’t seen it, it’s really great. imh(umble)o…

6 Likes

Killer documentary. Thanks for posting that!

1 Like

Another short octatrack beat! I’ve been focussing on getting the drums to sound as punchy as they do on the AR, what do you guys think?

8 Likes

Sounds great, man

1 Like

Thanks Doug, I appreciate it!

1 Like

Sounds superb

1 Like

That sample is SICK! Drums sound great too.

1 Like

nice little beat making video i came across this morning:

2 Likes

This is the second part in my little series about my dumb workflow

6 Likes

Wow, just wow. First of all, awesome beat. Second, I am amazed by the sound of this. Is this just the OT without any effects/processing?

If so, I am very curious to hear what you do to achieve this punchiness :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Yeah this is all OT… I just eq-ed and filtered the drum sounds and added some master compression inside the OT. I think the punchiness of the drums is the result of both the sounds and the fact I recorded everything unquantized.

2 Likes

Just some stuff that I’ve been working on recently.

7 Likes

something i’ve noodled on the past few days:

6 Likes

That first ones surely got some MF doom vibes going on… me likey…:+1:

1 Like

Instant head nod. Wicked groove man. Wow this is super dope.

1 Like

a quick thing from the past few days… not sure what this is:

3 Likes

wow the first beat could really be directly from special herbs. Very cool

1 Like