The BITWIG Thread

Yeah, I think there’s a lot left to be desired with the drivenbymoss scripts – I had really high hopes of using the sequencer modes a lot as an alternative to the piano roll, but the pagination and note resolution scaling have always left me feeling like I don’t really have enough canvas to work with.

I actually contributed a bunch of diagrams for the launchpad x script last year when I was learning how to use it, hopefully they were at least a little useful to you :grimacing:

1 Like

got a response from support:

thanks for your report! Bitwig Studio 4.0 Beta 1 currently only runs using macOS 11.3 on Apple’s M1 computers.

The upcoming Beta 2 should also work using macOS 11.4.

So again, wait and see ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

…as much it might sound promising…

i can only hope, they stay out of any hardware plans…
and keep their software only business as clean and straight forward as it IS…

sooo sooo many already existing hw controlers out there…
and almost all of them find their own perfectly pre suited script already in this daw…

…if u want one controler to rule it all, always ready to get further costumized to any personal needs, get a sensel morph…and no matter what u wanna do, u’ll find a way that suits u…

…while hey…this daw only needs a mpe controler…
and some muscle memory for short cuts…and instead of mouse/trackpad surfing u’ll find urself pretty soonish in a klak klak zack zack workflow…the swedish style, full on…

2 Likes

Random query for the Bitwig experts here - it does say we discuss everything here! So, I have a Nektar keyboard as my Bitwig controller (all transport controls work beautifully there). I then have Analog Rytm MKII as my audio output device (Rytm in USB midi and audio mode, set to receive transport) and Analog Heat MKII as my input audio device. Cool, everything works, except… I can’t seem to get Bitwig to send transport to Rytm, this is no matter whether transport controls are used on the Nektar or by clicking them within Bitwig. So, is there any way to get Rytm to react to play/stop commands from Bitwig or forwarded from Nektar???

(Note I don’t want to send clock, just transport)

Assuming it’s not as simple as setting “receive transport” on the Rytm?

You assumed right :slight_smile:

But no dice :frowning:

I figured it out. Leaving this here in case anyone else wants to do something similar. The settings I needed were in the Synchronization (duh!) menu. For some reason, I had to turn on Clock too, even though Rytm is deliberately ignoring the clock sent from Bitwig:

4 Likes

Awesome time-saving tip (which may or may not have been mentioned already):

If you always tend to change certain parameters, add modulators, place Note FX (etc) as soon as you load up an instrument/effect, then you can load your settings every time you add the plug-in by right-clicking on the device and selecting Save as Default Preset:

This is especially useful for Poly Grid (I always tend to create an FM synth, so this saves me 5 minutes each time), or perhaps you always adjust the resonance when you add a Filter effect. And best of all, it even works with third-party plug-ins!!! How cool is that?!

5 Likes

Dammit. Just when Live 11 took me back to the darkside…My Bitwig sub expires on June 7th. Wonder how long I can milk the beta for.

1 Like

In my attempt to find replacement for the audio to midi (melody or chords to midi)
i find https://imitone.com and Melodyne to be the best… What you guys know or use in that area. I didn’t speak about midi to sampler (slicing), I speak about something to analyse audio and convert to midi notes. (nice if it capable to analyse chords as well as lead melody)

imitone is cheap (because don’t really need the studio version) so it’s 25 bucks and it works great honestly… (sure you can find the notes as well) you can sing, whistle… it can fix the notes to a certain scale. I didn’t try for now to throw audio file with chords but sing and whistle work nicely

I have to mention that’s an midi app to app (kind like rewire but for midi, it work great I tried… sure it would be better to get the au/vst version there’s a beta for windows coming with it… no Mac version for now.

On the screenshot it’s me in whistle sustaining one note. I think it’s very cool :slight_smile:
there’s a bit of latency but when you get used to it it’s fine. For Bass detection I find it’s best to sing it one octave higher. and select a mode that match bass… so we replace keys by pluck and it works a bit better

2 Likes

I love Melodyne for this and many other things. It‘s basically the only thing I “miss” in Bitwig now, ARA support.

I’ll give this a try, thanks for sharing the find with us.

1 Like

4 beta 2 is out apparently.

1 Like

Opens on M1 macs without Rosetta! Much faster start up. Will have a go tomorrow…

Man, my sub expires on the 7th…this may be my last beta for a while until I pay for another round.

1 Like

When using Overbridge in Ableton, I managed to send multiple audio tracks to the 4 sidechain inputs of the Rytm Overbridge plug-in.

I’m having trouble figuring out how to do this in Bitwig… I can see “3/4 sidechain” on the Overbridge synth box in bitwig but no other options to route to 5/6 or 7/8. If I route audio to the “3/4 sidechain” I am unable to route that correctly within Overbridge and I can’t hear it out of the selected outputs like when I tried with Ableton.

Anyone doing this successfully with bitwig?

June or July?

June :frowning:

Notes and automations from Bitwig (DAW) and patterns just contain plocks and settings?

This way you can play notes and complex long automations in the DAW and have free steps in your pattern for plocking/fills etc…

It doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Im 10th July so I am hoping it will be released by then. I think you are out of luck though this time.

1 Like

That sucks man! I think this is one of the annoying elements of their pricing model. If you can hold out till Black Friday, the upgrade license is quite discounted so maybe worth it (depending on how much you want these features :)). that would also put you on that discounted annual/bi-annual cycle.

2 Likes