The BITWIG Thread

If I don’t make it in will probably wait 2 years to update again. V4 is not really giving me anything worth upgrading for. 3.3.10 is very solid and massive functionality still yet to learn.

1 Like

Hey Bitwiggers. Bit of an odd one. When using an arpeggiator on a Grid patch, I can hear a high-pitched transient click/pulse whenever I add a Chebyshev shaper device. The click/pulse happens on each new step of the arpeggiator and I can’t make it go away without deleting the Chebyshev. Is this something fundamental about how Chebyshev distortion works or is it a bug? My patch:

And here’s a short random capture of the audio coming out to illustrate what I mean:

Edit: replaced the audio as I realised I was clipping. Anyway, clipping isn’t the issue. It’s still clicking.

Another edit: it’s got nothing to do with the arp. The clicking still happens at the onset of each note even when I turn off the arp and play notes in manually on a midi keyboard.

Yeah, I’m able to replicate that. It seems like Chebyshev clicks pretty loudly at any incoming gate signal. You can test it by just connecting an AD -> Chebyshev -> Audio Out chain and then playing some notes in via midi or put an arp in front of it in the device chain.

1 Like

Nice one. So I’m not going mad! It’s been happening ever since I first got Bitwig (early v3, I think) but always thought it was related to my envelopes or something. Anyway, I submitted it to Bitwig as a potential bug. I’ll report back here if I get any response about it.

1 Like

…i really dig bitwigs paymodel big time…compared to all the others, THIS concept is fair as fuk…

refreshed mine yesterday…even if my “old” upgrade plan lasts til end of this august…

everybody who’s able to afford it, really should support all THIS…
this piece of software really deserves it…

6 Likes

Beta 4 version 3 is out.

2 Likes

…wow…what an endless bunch of work…and the finetunig continues…
the last daw of my life keeps growing and growing…

i’ll conitnue my upgrade plans, as mentioned, even once my personal whishlist is gonna be completed…

once ALL this new gimmicks and further essentials run smooth, please, add the final border stuff…

a midi GROOVE POOL
AUDIO TO MIDI including smartass PITCH DETECTION…
including some melodyne meets autotune like tricks up the sleeve right on board…
CONVOLUTION tricks and games with a dedicated libary to add various make ur own impulse responses…

2 Likes

it’s in beta 4 already

Changes in Bitwig Studio 4.0, Beta 4 [released 11 June 2021]

NEW FEATURES

• Added track lane height zoom functions (assignable via Dashboard > Settings > Shortcuts)

FIXED

• Was crashing when displaying pitch expression events [26101]
  • ALS import: Synth instruments were loading a broken Polymer device [26097]
  • Note FX Layer & Note FX Selector devices: Were causing note delay when first inserting them [23192]
  • Drum Machine device: Internal return chains are no longer accessible to nested FX Layer devices (which could cause feedback loops) [25929]
4 Likes

This beta is getting stable…we could see a final version by end June hopefully.

1 Like

Just got a neat email…

Hello there,

We’re getting the Berlin summer started with a special deal: For a limited time you can renew or extend your Upgrade Plan at a great price. Renew your Upgrade Plan now, and get version 4 for free when it comes out.

Bitwig Studio Upgrade Plan
169 USD/EUR 129 USD/EUR

This offer is valid from June 17 to July 20, 2021.

5 Likes

Do you know how this price compares with their typical end of year holiday sales? I think mine expires at the end of the year, so I’m trying to decide whether or not to pick up the renewal now or then.

From last year but not sure where $100 comes from:

Edit: it was the same deal:

2 Likes

Ty!

2 Likes

100$ on full product (up to…)
not the upgrade plan

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this, I didn’t get the email for some reason. Just pulled the trigger on my renewal.

1 Like

Anyone using a Push 2 with Bitwig? Any good? Worth it coming from a Novation Launch Pad Pro Mk3?

I want to know why you are looking to move from LP pro3. Is that not working for you? That’s a piece I’ve been eyeing to use with bitwig.

It’s working great and I really like it. I was curious about the push with the extra encoders and small screen!

There’s a new version of the DrivenbyMoss extension out as well, so I’ll check that out later.

…ha…i renewed two days before that special offer…paid 159 bux…
but hey, it’s worth it, either way…no fuzz…no doubts…

i’m now all in til august 2022…but i can guarantee already i will also stick to all this at least til august 2023… :wink:

i mean…all i’m missing is more direct pitch detection for audio…audio to midi…
not even in realtime…but would be nice, of course…

2 Likes

Maybe try and email them? You never know. Does’t harm to ask