The Digitone on the left or right side of the Digitakt!?

Hi!

Just ordered a Digitone, yes they are kinda hard to get at the moment but I was lucky and found one. I do have the Digitakt. I want them to be next to each other. But in what order should I put them, I was thinking the Digitakt on the right side and the Digitone on the left, but then I was thinking the other way around. How do you do it and why!? I’m right handed. Planing to route the audio from the takt to the tone and from the tone to the mixer.

Peace!

4 Likes

Dude, this is the biggest issue in my life right now.
Don’t get an Analog Heat, it fucks the whole problem up all over again.

34 Likes

Yeah, right now the microfreak stands next to the takt… I need more space! .-)

Whichever one is clock/transport master goes on the left. :slight_smile:

Generally, for some reason, in a synth/drum machine pair I tend to put the drum machine to the right, but the only time that has really had an ergonomic benefit has been with the TR-8S because its pattern buttons are on the left.

7 Likes

Imagine a world where all the sockets are on the front panel and you could have stuff behind other stuff! Imagine!

4 Likes

This guy has the takt on the left!

I like it, but if it was my mpc era like way back 2000xl I would prefer to have the -sampler- centered

2 Likes

Right handed here too. I usually have my drum machine on the left and melodic stuff on the right in a two box setup. I figured I would tweak drums less than I would play and tinker with melodic stuff so that should be on the right with mah strong hand. Then again, I just created a track with Cycles (drums) on the right and OT (mangle DAW thingy) on the left. Just try out both, see what feels natural to you.

6 Likes

My Digitakt is currently on the left, but I don’t like it. Problem is, if I swap it round, my muscle memory goes to shit and I hate myself.

It’s a no win…

3 Likes

Digitakt on the left and Digitone on the right. Why? I usually start with drums first (same on a mixing board) working left to right. Analog Heat on the right of Digitone (last in the change for me). :smiley:

EDIT: But what if you use the Digitone for drums/perc too?!

9 Likes

Two tier stand, Digitakt on the bottom Digitone on the top. Everything in a center line. None of this left and right stuff.

14 Likes

Another question to really bake your noodle is ‘Who’s going to be the midi master?’ Logic would dictate that drums should be the one to rule them all, but then do you want to feed midi notes from one to the other to see what happens when the sequencers fight each other? Enjoy that conundrum :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Genuine lol at this one :joy:

2 Likes

Indeed :sunny::rofl:

1 Like

Just don’t glue them to the desk. That way you can easily swap them if it doesn’t feel right.

8 Likes

See, I’ve decided to weld them together–back to back–so there’s no indication of one being superior to the other (we all know how sensitive the DN can be…)

edit: (sarcasm)

3 Likes

Is this a real question?

What about : Do you leave a space between the units?

Answer : No, I don’t have any space left in the studio.

That’s where your imagination sits :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Right handed. Digitakt on the left, Digitone on the right.

I use a lot FUNC+BANK on the Digitone for the mutes, and often my hand is going really fast (going with the flow of the song). Forefinger on the FUNC, thumb on the BANK, so the rest of my hand is beneath the level of the Digitakt’s panel, little finger hitting the desk.
I need this space for my hand, I don’t want it to hit (and when I say "hit’, I mean “hit”!) anything else.
So Digitone on the right, as I don’t use these button on the Digitone with such a frantic pace :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not as complex as arranging the MKIIs with the odd one out Octatrack :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ha. I’d be forced to at least have the OT in the middle in that case. Just for aesthetic purposes :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes