The Digitone on the left or right side of the Digitakt!?

8 Likes

To the right of course! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

are they? I just checked all the usual spots and seems there’s plenty to be found. new and on sale, even.

DT on the right, and DN on the left, by this way if i have the mute mode active on both machines I have a easy access with the right hand to the tracks of the DN and a few tracks of the digitakt (like 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 12…), and touch another things with the left hand.

To me it makes more sense to have the track buttons as close as possible

2 Likes

Like this:

9 Likes

wow this gave me a lot of anxiety hahaha

2 Likes

Whichever one you tweak more on the right obviously. Or just put digitakt on bottom, digitone right above it, they are short, stacked it’s still shorter than novation peak top to bottom.

I don’t have a Takt, but I do have my Machinedrum on the right, Tone on the left. I vote left side.

2 Likes

This is going to be my setup soon. What stand is that Digitakt using to make it flush with the DN Keys?

It’s just a simple little 3D printed stand I designed.

3 Likes

Oh awesome. Care to share the print files if you still have them? I would love to make that. I have a Digitone Keys coming soon that I am going to pair with my Digitakt.

Sure, I’ll pull the stl files out and post them sometime tonight.

1 Like

I too would love the file! I appreciate the DNK being angled, but the difference next to the DT drives me nuts. Thanks! However, I’m not sold on all those keys separating the main controls for both. Seems like a lot of distance to travel. Though, if I played the keys themselves more often during playback, I could see how having them front and center could be nice. I wonder if I would actually be compelled to play the keys more live IF they were right in the middle. Currently, the keys part of my DNK is fairly off to the right of my ‘setup’, but, I dunno…at first glance, I too get some anxiety from the thought, lol.

If that gives you anxiety then brace yourself for…

:face_vomiting:

It’s not bad with some good wheels on your chair :wink:

6 Likes

ah! That makes sense. My problem is that I don’t have much more gear than those 2 (+ a 303 and some fx pedals…); if I were already rolling and scrambling all over the place, it would work well!

1 Like

In Sweden a lot of websites shops seems to have them available but when you call them they say it’s out of stock. I found a spot thou that had two left. And there’s a price difference too, I found a store with 2 examples and the better price model.

If you’re right handed, I say put the one you’re going to be reaching for the most on the right.

1 Like

Maybe Call The helpdesk?

1 Like

@beeper
@dreamsaremaps

Okay so here’s the .stl file for the Digitakt stand sitting next to the Digitone Keys.

Digitakt_for_DigitoneKeys.stl (46.6 KB)

The feet are 13mm round rubber feet from Gluposti.

They don’t usually have stock at their website but you can find them online (places like Amazon, Ebay etc.).

You also would need some 4m threaded inserts which you melt into the holes where the feet go using a soldering iron.

Tapered Heat-Set Inserts for Plastic, Brass, M4 x 0.70 mm Thread Size, 4.700 mm Installed Length

I used M4 6mm long screws to screw the rubber feet to the heat set inserts

Button Head Hex Drive Screw, Black-Oxide Alloy Steel, M4 x 0.70 mm Thread, 6 mm Long

If you don’t want to buy all of the hardware just try to find “sticky feet” that you can stick in the 13mm spots where the screw in feet go.

4 Likes

Thank you! Now along with everything else these days, we wait for quarantine to be safely over…

1 Like