The Digitone on the left or right side of the Digitakt!?

Ahhh lovely!

1 Like

Where is the above or under thread? :pl:
Iā€™d put DN under I think.

I placed DN on the right of OT, playing note trigs with right hand.

11 Likes

This is a beautiful stand!

2 Likes

I guess its pedalboard logic that has me put my Digitone on the left. I have always routed signal path of pedals from right to left. Same with the DT and DN. DN gets audio in from DT and other synths.

But you guys are making me think I have it backwards.

4 Likes

Perfect setup

2 Likes

6 Likes

:scream:
DN on the left, not aligned with DT, and a picture taken with a weird angle! :scream:

10 Likes

the horror :joy:

2 Likes

Blurred, I donā€™t want them to be recognized.
(Actually, my smartphone is fucked).

2 Likes

He didnā€™t listen to any of the answers.

Hey!

Iā€™m right handed and i always felt comfortable with the Digitakt on the left, i donā€™t know why but when itā€™s on the right, i feel like iā€™ve committed a serious crime. Itā€™s all personal preference though i guess. My issue is, i have just bought a ARMk2 and A4Mk2 so now iā€™m truly stumped. Iā€™ve come to the final conclusion to sell the whole lot, just so i donā€™t have to decide lol

3 Likes

Do you make the drum parts first? :wink:

I usually donā€™t start with the drumsā€¦ but building a patch firstā€¦ Iā€™m testing it out, Digitone on the left works fine so far. Also both machines are on the right side of the tableā€¦ what a great little box, the Digitone!

3 Likes

Digitone Keys above, Digitakt below. Both controls front and center, the keys can be played with both hands, though itā€™s mostly my right hand noodling away or tweaking the extra knobs.

3 Likes

Sometimes i start with drums, but other times iā€™ll start with synths.

1 Like

since the digitone really comes alive with a keyboard(preferably with aftertouch), i have it on the right side, with the keyboard on the right of the digitone.
thatā€™s as a right handed personā€¦

(drumpad for the digitakt on the left side of the setup btw, which works fine since i donā€™t tend to tweak the takt while fingerdruming)

Thatā€™s it. Just curious.

2 Likes

DN left DT right

2 Likes

DT left, DN right. Not sure why, but itā€™s more intuitive for me to work from left to right, starting with rhythm and moving to harmony/melody.

Of course, both machines are capable of either dutyā€¦

5 Likes

Def DT on left.

6 Likes