The intoxicated hangout

Last weekend i went and saw Ween play at Edgefield in Portland.
I ate a weed gummy with about 25mg of thc and a gummy worm covered in lsd.
Always wanted to see Ween play and figured it just wouldnt ever pan out. My friend bought the tickets 2 years ago, and Covid did its thing and postponed the show until this year.
Anyhoo…
Show was fucking amazing. My lower back was fucked up from fixing graves all damn day the day before so i just sat down in my folding chair as the drugs kicked in and Ween came out and blew my mind out.
Lots of songs from The Pod, including a rendition of She Fucks Me that absolutely nailed that pitched down tape gas huffing hallucination vibe from that album.
Very tight rhythm section.
the acid was clean as a whistle and my ride home got me there in one piece.

9 Likes

I was there as well, my first time. They just absolutely killed it. I also partook in a variety of inebriates, none too much, and floated through the experience quite happily indeed. So many great songs…Buckingham Green was astonishing. They are so tight.

4 Likes

They really are tight… quite capable of bringing the energy down to a quiet hum where you don’t even know what is happening, and you say aloud “What the fuuuuck?!?”
Ive been haunted by Ween before. I ate way way way too much MDMA in a Las Vegas hotel room once and the Ween songs that were playing at the time (Chocolate Town) stole some piece of me and still hold that piece up there in the room, but that show was something else entirely.

Me too, my friend.

3 Likes

Haha, yeah, sounds like a proper soul-stealing moment.

I was really surprised by how positive the whole vibe was…their studio albums have always felt weirdly menacing to me, but their stage presence and the whole crowd seemed so upbeat and generous, even when they were ripping through Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)

2 Likes

Somebody at some point, right behind me, yelled “THIS AINT NO PHISH SHOW!” and i was right there with them. The menacing vibe is 80% of what i love about Ween. I was really hoping for a Spinal Meningitis and i got it. But, yeah, the whole vibe was really chill. Everyone there was fucking STOKED to be there, and the band just fed off that. Great fucking time.

3 Likes

Today was a bad day, so I’m turning it into a good night. Aussie wagyu NY strip with the requisite veggies and some Death and Taxes. Hope y’all are having a solid weekend.

8 Likes

was running film screenings at a backyard concert, lil toasted off a vape cart now that my VJ duties have concluded. Second act has an octatrack, very excited.

8 Likes

Smoking some peppers for a home made fermented hot sauce. Enjoying an IPA in the process.

7 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like

I don’t know why it’s so gratifying to cook with food you’ve actually grown.

3 Likes

So true, miss my garden. Only have a few pepper plants these days.

2 Likes

Because they’re the best and you know what they’re made of.
Kind of like your own samples.

3 Likes

Have to love that gardening is the hot topic in this synth forum

3 Likes

Pharmahuasca strikes again!
JEEZ LOUISE it’s just the most beautiful refreshing experience.
Vape a lil space dust on top and WOWZERS.
I had the most beautiful dreams and the most relaxing time.

2 Likes

grafik

4 Likes

I’m so hungover, I think I’m still drunk. I saw a really lame DJ last night, so I just kept ordering drinks – not the best move. At least I didn’t forget my earplugs… All this to say: I’m having more fun being hungover than I did while I was drunk, because at least nobody is blasting shitty music in my face.

6 Likes

What? That’s a thing? I love me some abuela. Going down an internet rabbit hole to learn more haha

2 Likes

Cabled an old warehouse today, filthy. Enjoying a few tonight. Cheers!

Tescos have started stocking these recently and I’m a bit of a sucker for a decent wheatbeer. One more isn’t going to kill me, right? or so I keep telling myself.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s definitely my favorite of the family!
If you’re into that kind of thing I highly recommend it