The Music of Orbital is Pretty Fantastic

don’t forget they used this in the closing scene of the original mortal kombat movie as well. gives me chills also

This 8 minute live version of illuminate is also one of my favourite Orbital performances, absolutely epic when they cut up David Grays vocals after about 3 minutes

2 Likes

the crowds sounds in this were my introduction to rave as a 13yo, used to blast it and feel the rush. no stimulants needed.

3 Likes

And the first Glastonbury gig in 94 was ranked in the 50 greatest gigs of all time

4 Likes

And this version of Chime Crime live is the best at Glastonbury 2010, kicks off at 4.49

4 Likes

Goosebumps at breakfast. Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m really loving the Jon Hopkins remix of Halcyon On and On. It’s fantastic!

3 Likes

Lollapalooza is literally happening outside my window - I can see the main stage clearly with binoculars - and I’m blasting Chime Crime in my headphones.

2 Likes

Snivilisation and Insides
Absolutely great

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Does anyone have any information when this supposed Orbital autobiography will be available, seen it on multiple book stores but no release date ?

Latest track from the new album

Yeah, I don’t get it… spoils an otherwise excellent experience.

for New Year’s the Hartnoll lads posted one of their full gigs from 94 in Brixton

3 Likes

Not very impressed with this ringa ringa one, it feels like chatGPT wrote an orbital track. I like the Sleaford mods one though, and listening to that Brixton '94 gig two nights ago warmed my soul right up

Great. Recently I found the flyer of an amazing night in 1994 I attended with one of the best Orbital gigs I’ve ever seen, amongst others. Never found a recording (preferably of the whole night), but this recording was made two months later, I’d guess it’s close to what they played in Amsterdam. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this, I’ve just listened through my monitors pretty loud, what a set!!
I never saw them live as early as this. Pretty sure the first time was at Glasgow Barrowlands on the Insides tour, so probably 96 or 97.
They’ve always been one of the consistently best live electronic acts over the times I’ve seen them, no one else really plays like Orbital!
I’ve got tickets to see them on their March tour, can’t wait …

i had caught them in NYC on Halloween 93 and recall (impaired though i was) that Halcyon was more formed than the version here – strings intro and maybe even the Bon Jovi half of the sample breakdown?