The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

Yeah but this is a rumor thread that has no real substance yet so I am just sharing what I’d like to see them do…

Okay, cool :ok_hand:

1 Like

Prove it!!

1 Like

Why is a mixer keep coming up? Never would I buy a fucking mixer from Elektron.

A mixer is part of my octatrack not a single entity I would buy.

4 Likes

Because its not about you maybe?

2 Likes

My needs are the only ones I feel confidend enough about to talk, sorry :wink:

3 Likes

Now that you have said it, words cannot describe how much I want to buy it. Probably won’t happen, but a man can dream…

20 Likes

It would go way deeper than an OT, which is quite a cool mini mixer. But of course it does not multitrack out or use Overbridge, or have 16-24 tracks. and yeah, the OT has a pretty high learning curve, but it does so much.

I am just thinking about elektron investing all this time in the software side and wondering how they can maximize it. I think they hit on something with OB and DAW integration but as most of us know, it is far from foolproof yet.

Also I am struggling to think of what else can be made at this point that is not a synth/drum machine/mixer /FX box or sampler. I mean you have those tools and you are all set. And elektron has made them all besides the dedicated mixer.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I think those are great points. Looking at my meme again, I just want to clarify that I wasn’t trying to mock your idea of a mixer — I just like joking about how esoteric the OT can be. It’s certainly an amazing mixer but you kind of have to solve a maze to get it into that state in the first place.

Also agree that it’s getting harder to see what product gaps Elektron should look to fill. A mixer would be cool (and not too far off from what they did with the Heat). I’d also be interested in their take on a pure sequencer — there are so many worthy competitors out there now, it’d be fun to see Elektron attempt to leap ahead of them.

Its all good I did not take it that way. I am just running out of ideas for what I think elektron will make next…lol. I also would love to have a really creative mixer that is tailor made for gear.

Of course OP claims it is not a mixer so I am not getting my hopes up or anything.

A pure sequencer would be awesome too. Especially if Elektron expands their current one deeply. I think we all know and love the Elektron sequencer but would love to see more features added to it.

1 Like

They’re missing a synth in the Model: series.
Something they haven’t done yet…granular?
Model:grain.

1 Like

Sidestepping why that might be less likely, what would an Elektron hybrid mixer bring to the field?

A no brainer idea would be to build upon your greatest success.

I touched on it above already. Sequence-able FX per channel with overbridge built in so you can multitrack into your DAW with the FX unique per the channel. They could use their analogue filters, they could put a version of Heat on the master for summing back into the mixer. Lots of possibilities, hopefully some that I have not thought of as well.

2 Likes

Did someone already say 4-channel Analog Heat where each channel’s input could be used to modulate various parameters of other channels? Sidechain volume, EQ frequencies, filters, drive, etc. with sounds routed to each channel…

3 Likes

with sampling and slicing

8 Likes

If they ever remake Analog heat, I wish they would include the Elektron sequencer in it. I feel like that would really increase the sound design potential with it. I agree that multi channel would be nice too.

1 Like

+1, strangely we have the sutuation of syntakt having an almost heat+ sequencer, and heat being full fat, no sequencer

1 Like