The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

I doubt Novation would let ‘model:circuit’ fly with trademark-ish (just sayin’!)

Nice digging, but short version he probably doesn’t have any insight to the company as I think he isn’t associated with them anymore.

But that doesn’t also make him not right about it. He clearly understands the company Elektron better than most here. And if he believes it’s inevitable they will go back to it, it will probably happen at some point.
Honestly probably less about “this” release or speculation or whatever this all is, but overall for us this seems huge and makes me hopeful for more fun devices like the past ones.

2 Likes

my dream as well!

1 Like

Elektron sequencer as a eurorack module.

Looking at Digitakt it could be done in a fairly small footprint including parameter pages with envelopes and lfo’s.

If they do that I’ll be going back into modular in an instant.

5 Likes

A good solid MIDI keyboard with a full metal body, MIDI and USB out. Including MIDI arpeggiator and all kinds of MIDI mapping / CC controls.

EDIT: Two octave version also available:

11 Likes

Octatrack MK 3 with two Crossfader‘s

Octatrack MKIII with subtle alterations and Overbridge. They have analog, digital, FM, I’d imagine wavetable at some point as well.

If every device was OB capable, an Elektron ecosystem mixing/mastering box, one that can replace a computer and screen for track finishing. It takes just the USB cable from the Overbridge devices and lets you sculpt every track of each device and p-lock the sculpture.

A main feature I could imagine here would be open source “plugins” within the mixing box, like Korg user tables. Everyone could write their own variation of overdrive, for instance. This would allow people to add a signature to their sound beyond what you are given.

Right now, most Elektron boxes are like a video game, there is a defined set of parameters that they give to us which is great fun but can feel game-y. What we need now is something that is essentially undefined, open ended, lifelike.

3 Likes

The DigiTruss.

It will make a lot of noises, few will be what you wanted to hear.

The cost will be lower the more you earn and if you earn over a certain amount, you will be paid each time you use it out of taxpayers money.

Likely to only work for a couple of months.

4 Likes

Add a few velocity sensitive pads and then we are talking

I wonder if they’ll go software.

I wonder what the profit margins on software vs hard way are.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they started doing software.

They’ve learned a lot from overbridge and probably still have a few decent developers on the books.

And when you think about it, Elektron often do something unexpected, like releasing a drum machine when no-one else is making drum machines, or hardware samplers, or FM synths.

Everyone’s bored of Ableton, no-one seems to have much good to say about NI these days. There’s definitely room for something new in software. Not my brew, but it’d definitely be an interesting move, as I can see people drifting back towards using laptops and software more again.

3 Likes

I think its a mixer

2 Likes

A pure Elektron sequencer makes the most sense to me.

If they ever come out with another groovebox that also had advanced sequencing parameters, then they would get tons of people nonstop requesting that it be implemented in the boxes they own.

This would give them an easy out for any reason why previous machines cannot receive those features

3 Likes

Swingtakt?

1 Like

Model:Sequence, elektron sequencer/mixer with a digital fx block.

1 Like

all I can say is that Digitakt users will be very happy… I hope

They are going to release a DAW, aren’t they.

Dramatic encore

Deep inside we all knew this day would come, but we turned our faces away from the inevitable truth as long as we could.

But we should have known: All these years passed by and still no song mode. No stereo samples, no MIDI arpeggiator. We are still fantasizing about the standalone overbridge mixer, with its analog onboard compressors and parametric EQ per channel. The final solution for a proper DAWless perfomance. It will remain a fantasy forever.

Most of our dreams will never be real. As the moon that disappears with each sunset, the ice that melts when spring arrives, the dreams that will fade away from our memory…

It’s time to embrace our destiny.

2 Likes

An Elektron Controller for Bitwig would be incredible. I think it’s unlikely also, but …one can dream.

If they every make a controller for Bitwig, it would really be the time to add slicing within the sampler. I remember when Push came out for Ableton, it was along with the update that added slice mode to “Simpler”. I think that combo really made push fun, and feel like a groovebox, and not just a midi controller.

I think Bitwig 4 borrowed ideas from Elektron. The operators in V4 seem influenced by Trig conditions on Elektron boxes. Anyway, I would love to see a Bitwig controller from Elektron as well.

2 Likes

Perfect Circuit having an Elektron sale. Another sign?

https://www.perfectcircuit.com/elektron?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=WL_sep_elektron_sale

1 Like

So finally… SONGMODE!

… is that already what’s huge and has never been done before?!

2 Likes