The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

I don’t think today’s announcement should deter our speculation. If anything, we should ramp up the speculation now that we know at least one clue from the mysterious Knobcon Eletkron rep has been proven true (updates to Digi boxes).

5 Likes

Just need the RYTM update…

3 Likes

In general i think software sells a lot more, and there’s higher profit margins. Not sure what the margins are on Digis and models though, could be pretty good still.

Does anyone know if Eurorack is still increasing in market share, or if there’s been a decline post pandemic/economic woes? If it seems like that keeps trending up they could get into it.

Hoping they eventually introduce a flagship linear pure sequencer without step limits, for those of us freaks who want to bring the Elektron approach to longer form melodic music

1 Like

Unsurprisingly, I was right.

No if anything this confirm the validity here
The original user said exactly this would happen
They teased a big firmware update for digi’s and a new hardware idea
@resonant_space got the goods at Knobcon

With the firmware being single mode related this feels like a really nice way to close the door on those and move to something new. It’s likely not a sequencer since that feels like what Song mode gave many
Now I am hoping for a flagship synthesizer

3 Likes

They sort of have the software- how about selling hardware analoge synths/fx boxes with no controls or display and just a USB connection for electron sounds over ‘just’ overbridge…

I think it will be a modular/semi modular machine, or a wavetable one. Which are the two things they haven’t made yet.

2 Likes

The problem with this is that they’ve done flagship synthesizers before.

That being said, I think its a mixer

4 Likes

Teeeeechnically, they have made a wave table synth before(Monomachine)

Yes very true, I am sure they could do something far enough from the a4 or dt but I am not the person to think of it

Maybe like something granular with lots of other fx’s and multiple tracks for processing?

I guess what I am saying is I think it’s a mixer :joy:

4 Likes

Thats the spirit!

2 Likes

It’ll be a new soundpack won’t it.

2 Likes

Do flagships still exist? Or is it a term from a bygone era.

See for yourself man.

5 Likes

I’d like them to do a computer for music, similar in concept to the MPC/Force, but totally different, aside from being based around a SBC running a custom Elektron OS, plenty of ram and storage, plenty of audio midi and CV in/out, USB host inputs, HDMI output, tactile control surface with some interesting ways to interact with parameters, audio recording tracks not limited to any particular length, linear and pattern based sequencing.

A DAWless DAW. :laughing: They’d win the fucking internet.

10 Likes

OT mk3
8 tracks, totally user configurable

Bunch of i/o, flexible routing

and MD machines built in, why not

4 Likes

This, I pray its this.

2 Likes

The HDMI output would have to have a built in filter so all screens would match the digitakts screen color

Step sequencer keys would be a nice addition.

My three “”"“plausible”""" assumptions regarding of a VERY different Elektron produce (so, no A8 or OT MK3):

1. 8-part, 8 voice, multitimbral synth… without sequencer. I think this would sell a ton, “every” Elektron user, or MPC, or PolyPlay user would buy it. There are almost no competitors for this kind of synth (only the very old Virus and Blofeld)

2. An Elektron Sequencer in Eurorack Format, basically the Midi side of Dt

3. Some plugin you can ONLY use with OB and Elektron devices on the DAW, that would be another step towards the digital integration.

3 Likes