The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

MPCakt, with a crossfader on the left side of the pads, chop shop and FX suite on steroids, and a performance mode that Is recordable into the sequencer as well as cntrl-all recordable into the sequencer… woof!

Guitakt. Collaboration with Futureman.

1 Like

New Syntone with FM, Wavetable, Granular and Physical Modelling engines please, 16 voices, full control like on DT.

2 Likes

Oooo! Just had an idea; OT mark 3, with an overbridge hub and a DJ deck jog wheel as well as the cross fader. So you can live scratch samples and the sequencer. Imagine having a few hot cue pads too. Would be perfect for me right now.

1 Like

elektron model sampleR
actually samples/chops/edit/etc like a sp505

1 Like

Mildly amusing how few of the suggestions are “very different” from any products past and current.

Edit: I mean, we’re here because we enjoy what Elektron currently makes but still :smiley:

5 Likes

This is an excellent point. We need to be speculating even harder…

ELEKTRON MIDI GUITAR
Fully sequencable chords, riffs, slides, hammer-ons, the works.

5 Likes

Maybe a collaboration with Teenage Engineering and release the

OPmonomachinemachinedrumoctatrackanalogfourrythmtakttonetakt.

4 Likes

Analog video synth in the Digi form factor.

9 Likes

Syntakt should be followed by a collaboration with Magnus Lidström of Sonic Charge for Synplant 2, Elektron hardware edition.

4 Likes

what if they retrofit all octotracks with even better sound :thinking:

1 Like

Price: 50000 $

Elektron Eurorack Modular

Base USB Control unit 10U. 2 usb sockets. 2 Midi Sockets. First usb socket allows your DT/DN/ST to act a a generic Elektron sequencer controller for any attached module. (new firmware required). Also acts as USB Midi Host for unpowered external controllers. OLED display.

Digitakt Mk2 Module 16U - Stereo Sampler with Slicing. OLED display. Direct I2C link to Base USB Control unit.

Dynamic Mixer Module 16U - 8 channel line/usb audio Mixer. 4 usb sockets. Direct I2C link to Base USB Control unit. Module acts as an Overbridge mixer allowing up to 4 Digi Devices or other USB synths to appear as Overbridge Devices. 8 Assignable Faders.

Programmable FX Module 8U - Programable Stereo FX device. Direct I2C link to Base USB Control unit.

Cv Module. 8U - Allows (via Base Unit Display) external analog cv control of all attached devices. Direct I2C link to Base USB Control unit.

All Modules available in Black.

Price 4000 Unicorn Tears.

2 Likes

SID 2022FS, but in black and with the modern sequencer, FX, etc etc. Supply yr own SID chips though (up to 8 slots).

They need to come up with their own version of the Roland M1 mixer, but something with a 16 pad midi controller. I hardware based solution to integrate multiple Elektron boxes outside of OB.
Faders like the Faderfox 16 easily routable to the multiple boxes via midi. In an OT form factor box.

1 Like

I was thinking a couple days ago how useful it would be to have a VFX pedal that linked up to overbridge.

That old performance trick, when you’re on a guitar and fiddling about with the parameters was a lot of fun. Something you can get absolutely wild with when initially recording, but could still go back and edit with precision when its time to get serious.

I think this would be a really cool thing to Elektron to expand into.

The only issue with this is…

I think its a mixer

1 Like

it’s a mixer that samples and slices

3 Likes

I think it would be cool to see Elektron’s take on some kind of video/lighting box.

1 Like

It definitely will be an espresso machine. Elektron Espresso lets you trigger your coffee schedule using the sequencer you are familiar with and froth your drinks using up to 3 LFOs.

3 Likes

Come on. The coffee machine memes were SO 2015…

I think its a mixer
c293d9ac-ac8f-4c27-bf22-afbde369c664--2022-0228_kitchenaid_stand-mixer_ice-glacier_silo_rocky-luten_017

5 Likes